Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AutoCad 2009 Question?

Options
  • 12-02-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a file saved in 2009 cad, but I have 2006 at home.
    Is there any way I can change the '09 file to open in '06?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

open it in 2009 and 'save as' there is a drop down list of file options, ie 2004, 2007 .dxf etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

sickle wrote: »
    open it in 2009 and 'save as' there is a drop down list of file options, ie 2004, 2007 .dxf etc

lol sorry I should have been clearer i don't have the 2009 to open it back up in! :(

If it was that easy I wouldn't have asked! :p
    Thanks tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 donkeypop

Jemmy wrote: »
    lol sorry I should have been clearer i don't have the 2009 to open it back up in! :(

If it was that easy I wouldn't have asked! :p
    Thanks tho.

You need DWG TrueConvert (it might be called TrueView now). It's free and I don't think you need CAD on your system to work it. Look for it on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I agree, also try Any DWG DFX Converter - free trail. Converts back to 2000! Very simple to use. http://anydwg.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 roscoerules

Download DWG true view 2009 from the autodesk website. its free and should sort out all your conversion problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement