Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aptamel and Cow and gate 900g milk 2 for €20 or €24

• 13-02-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭

In Tesco until 17 of March:

2 x 900g Aptamel 3 or growing up milk for €24

or

2 x 900g Cow and Gate 3 or growing up milk for €20

Usually they are €13.99 each (yeah I know in this country!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Excelent, strange to see any kind of a special on baby food. Is that all the Tesco's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes it's the Aptamil 3 and 1+ same with the cow and gate.

So it's for babies 6mts +

Yes, I'm looking for the name of the act or bill, if anybody one can remember it, that prohibits promoting powered milk for under 6mts old.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It might be because people have realised how expensive it is here and get people to buy it up North for them. 59p vs 1.19c for a carton of aptamil and forgotten exactly but 7 something for the powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 grangeglens

also in supervalu aptamil forward and growing up milk 900g untill 7 march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Dunnes ,Douglas had the same deal yesterday (identical i think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

We use SMA!:(:(:(

Was up in Limerick a couple of weeks ago and Superdrug had most brands of baby formula at several euro less than most places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

That might come in handy, thanks OP. We are just about finishing the eight Aptamil's we bought up north. Still more expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

**Disclaimer** - I do not want to drag this to another "buy in NI" thread - but I gotta add my tuppence on this.

As someone else point out above - Of all the rip off's going on, the baby milk and formula's are top of the pile!

The said powder is €13.99 in Tesco - the ready made cartons are €1.19; Whoopy - buy 2 powder for €24!

I go up to NI and buy these by the box full for STG£7.99 each - that's a saving of well over €5 per carton of powder, and the ready made's are indeed STG£59p each. We go through perhaps 15 of these a month too. They keep for ages so you can buy in absolute bulk and put them away till they are needed.

With two young kids on formula we go through a lot of this stuff.

These ready made cartons were €1 for plenty of time and then all of a sudden went to €1.19 last year - did not change price in NI. For a few weeks Tesco's even put them up to €1.29 but dropped them back when no one else followed their lead.

I can understand that many cannot manage to go to NI and get this kinda stuff cause when you have kids to look after etc it can be difficult. I just happen to go to NI alot with work so I stock up.

Paddy

Advertisement