Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finding a job in armagh

Options
  • 13-02-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

or near it. is this even possible nowadays?
    seems like everywhere i go they just shove you applications to fill out in your face. which is like throwing stuff into a black hole in deep space. NOTHING EVER COMES BACK! equal oportunities employers my ass. sometimes i wonder if bribing yourself into a job the one and only option in these times...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

There are jobs in Armagh?? Armagh (the town) has never had any industry to speak of. When the Education and Health Boards leave the City (sic) the place will be on it's knees.

To be fair the "black hole application" is rife everywhere - people are piling up on the dole, every job is being swamped with applications, I imagine it's just not feasible to send out the thanks but no thanks letters to every applicant unless its a big outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

I was looking for a job in Armagh but was informed that only Sainsbury's are looking staff. There isn't much response from most places that I've applied to and I know a lot of people who are in the same boat. There are just too little jobs and too many applicants! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 razzgrizz3

well firstly thank you for the replies guys.
    glad to see im not alone in this.
    everywhere i asked ppl tell me how they laid off a ton or when even if someone leaves they dont accept anyone new in his/her place. lol and yeah i remember the sainsburys thing. wonder how many applied. wouldve probably had a better chance had it only been advertised online :] but i remember it was at the shop entrance thus many ppl saw it heh heh. got through the interview and the retard (seriously ridiculous) test too.... nothing...

hell id accept any job at this point. nevermind in the city istelf. county lol. ANYTHING. HAALP!
    if you have one keep it no matter what :/
    peace

something has dawned upon me.
    thread has over 150 views yet only 2 replies.
    cmon guys write SOMETHING!
    ANYTHING!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Maybe try the hotel if you're really stuck - i know of a few people that have quit there recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

razzgrizz3 wrote: »
    something has dawned upon me.
    thread has over 150 views yet only 2 replies.
    Thats fairly normal.

People read the the threads but unless they have something to offer they just move to next thread and view it. And so the cycle continues.

yeah sucks.
    anyway got a job in sainsburys

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

razzgrizz3 wrote: »
    anyway got a job in sainsburys
    Good for you :)

Advertisement