Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** $10k added ** Boylepoker / Boards.ie Heads Up League

Options
  • 13-02-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

I'm proud to announce that Boylepoker have taken over as sponsor for the Heads Up League 2009 and have added a massive $10,000 to the prizefund. This is a massive coup for the League and i'd like to thank Ciaran for the time and effort he has put in (and is willing to put in over the coming months)

We have been running an interest list over the last week and have reached 46 players. There is room for another 14 players before we are full and from now on, its a **first come first served basis.

There's a slight change to the league entrants from the other thread. I've decided to expand Serie B to 24 runners. This will be split into 2 equal leagues of 12.

We will now have..

Serie A x 12
    Serie B1 x 12
    Serie B2 x 12
    Serie C x 12
    Serie D x 12

As you can see from the list below, there is 2 places left in Serie A..8 places left in Serie B, I need 1 player to move up or down from Serie C and we have 5 places left in Serie D. Once these are all full, we will no longer accept entries and the transfer of funds will begin.

All 24 entrants in Serie B will be placed in a virtual hat and they will be divided into 2 equal leagues.

playersqr5.jpg

** I will not accept new users that setup accounts just to play this league. Applicants must be existing members of Boards.ie

The prizefund breakdown and the payouts are listed below. There is $8k added to this section of the league and its rationed accordingly. The prizefund is based on us reaching the full 60 players. Should we not reach 60 players, the prizefund will be adjusted accordingly.

payoutul4.jpg

Rules, Regulations, Terms and Conditions

The entry fee to each league is below. This amount MUST be transferred to a special Boards HU holding account on Boylepoker before any games take place. This account will be confirmed tomorrow.

Serie A - This will be a $300 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $20
    Serie B - This will be a $150 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $10
    Serie C - This will be a $100 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $5
    Serie D - This will be a $60 buyin and there is no minimum per game.

I also need each player to PM me with their Boylepoker username so we can get player to player activated on your account. Once money is transferred, it is non-refundable should you not be able to complete your fixtures. Users that arent currently signed up with Boylepoker.com can do so by downloading throgh this link.

http://www.boylesports.com/poker/index.asp?

League Rules..

Each player will play 11 best of 3 headsup games exclusively on Boylepoker with the winner being awarded 2 points and the loser 0. The more points you get, the better chance you have up claiming a prize, simple :). Trophies will also be awarded to the winners of each league.

Each player may play his 1st 8 fixtures in any order, at any time but they must be complete over an 8 week period.

A fixture list will be announced once reg is closed and all games will be numbered 1-11. You may ONLY play your first 8 games over the first 8 weeks. You can play all 8 in the first week should you wish!

The last 3 fixtures must not be played until each person in the league has completed 8 matches and only then will the final 3 rounds of fixtures commence.

The reason for this is so that everyone will have played the same amount of games by a predetermined time and will leave 3 games to fight it out for spoils. If you played any of these 3 games out of order, they will be classed as null and void.

Every player that reg's must make every effort to complete all his/her games. Walkovers can and will be given against players that fail to fulfill their fixtures or make little or no effort to complete them.

If players are tied on points come the end of the season, placings will be decided on the result of the HU match between those 2 players. If 3 or more players are tied and HU matches cannot determine a winner, then play-off matches will occur.

Boylepoker will be creating private Boards.ie HU tables at every level for use during this league. They will be password protected and each person will receive the password once reg begins.

We will be hosting the league on a Boylepoker blog (details to follow) People can check results, latest standings etc on here. I will also be blogging player profiles, matches, hands, scenarios etc which will be updated regularly. Hopefully no-one will have any issues with a few little Q+As just to get an insight into the players in the league. It wont be much, just a couple of "get to know you" questions.

The Boylepoker Cup

This year will also see an FA CUP style knockout competition for anyone that wishes to enter. It will run concurrent with the league. Cost of entry will be $15 and should be paid at the same time you register for the league.

All league members will receive a bye into the 2nd round. The first round will be open to any boards.ie member regardless of whether they participate in the league or not. Boylepoker are adding $1,000 to the prizefund for this. We will wait to see how many numbers we have but we will either be paying 4 or 8 players depending.

We've accounted for $9k but we still have $1k left. This will be announced once the league begins as there's another little bonus in store.

I'll leave it at that for now. I'll try to answer any questions you may have, but like most of us, i have plans this weekend so wont be on constantly.

What i need at the moment from each player is..
    • A commitment to play in whatever league you are put in
    • A PM with your Boylepoker username in order to activate player to player transfer
    • The transfer of funds once the holding account is setup

Hope everyone has fun and i'd like to thank Ciaran and Boylepoker for the use of their site and the $10k added :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

i'm kind of interested in B, will there be special heads up tables set up on boyles for this tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Donkathon wrote: »
    i'm kind of interested in B, will there be special heads up tables set up on boyles for this tournament?

Read the OP :rolleyes:

1 place left in Serie A....ocallagh has snapped up the 11th spot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

i'll take the plunge from c to d to even things out for ya mate

aya14 wrote: »
    i'll take the plunge from c to d to even things out for ya mate

Sound....Done

Serie C is now full and there are 4 places left in Serie D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

EDIT: Serie B please

also, fair fcuks to Boyles for this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

d please flush

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i'll play in a if there's a spot too.

I'll let you take my spot in A and I'll take Serie B... I'll go edit my post...

Ste05 wrote: »
    If Serie A is available throw me down, if not Serie B please...

also, fair fcuks to Boyles for this....

You're in A Ste. Thats A full now so there will only be another place available should someone drop out. Yeah fair fcks to Boyles alright!
    zuroph wrote: »
    d please flush

In

In B Shane? I've also included Macspower in B as he posted in the other thread. Only a handful of places left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Well done Boyles, respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Fair play to Boyles for this, 10k a huge bonus for this. Also, cheers for organising Tony!

Also delighted I decided to browse boards at 11.26pm this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

This is great, thanks.

When do you see the league and cup starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Whats left?

I'll play whatever is free, B pref

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

I'll go for B

ocallagh wrote: »
    Also delighted I decided to browse boards at 11.26pm this evening
    QFT, finally my addiction to Boards has paid off... :D

Also, Tony, you can swap me around with P_L or Macs depending on whoever posted first... Serie B is fine for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

D please... fair play for running it again.

I'll let you take my spot in A and I'll take Serie B... I'll go edit my post...

nah fire ahead ste u were in first. i'll play b.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

yeah, seriously awesome bonus. nicely done! WP boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

bohsman wrote: »
    D please... fair play for running it again.

Actually wait, Im half asleep, is there room in B? B if there is, cheers.

As you can see from the list below, there is 2 places left in Serie A..8 places left in Serie B, I need 1 player to move up or down from Serie C and we have 5 places left in Serie D. Once these are all full, we will no longer accept entries and the transfer of funds will begin.

Serie A - 2 places (now full)
    ocallagh
    phantom_lord

Serie B - 8 places (now full)
    Macspower
    The_Chopper
    Donkathon
    Ste05
    bohsman
    meathman 007
    enzo scifo
    Iri$hKeLt

Serie C - (now full)

Serie D - 5 places (1 place)
    aya14
    zuroph
    max power
    KevIRL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

Ill play in B if there is a spot available Tony... although I can't promise that I wont get Traheho or -NoName- to play my matches for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

I'll go for D please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

This is just an idea to help out Flushdraw, but what if you were to pick 1 person in each league to "mod" that league. By this i mean collect results, get fixtures sorted out etc.
    Like I say just an idea was thinking it may take some of the workload off Flushdraw.
    Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Ste,

Can you lock up the other thread please. Will i leave you in A or change you to B?

Move to B so I can kick your ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

B for me please.

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Ste,

Can you lock up the other thread please. Will i leave you in A or change you to B?
    Done,

And yeah stick me down for B...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

No interest here but I think Boyle should be commended for this.

Move to B so I can kick your ass
    Done... :D:D:D

Now just hope we get the same Division...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Iri$hKeLt

Any places left im interested

• Advertisement

And yeah stick me down for B...

can i take the spot in a then, if that's ok tony?

Advertisement