Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** $10k added ** Boylepoker / Boards.ie Heads Up League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Tony got your pm will ship first thing in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Shipped, thanks FD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Tony got your pm will ship first thing in the morning

Me too, just waiting for money to go into neteller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Can everyone on the reserve list please check their PMs.

The league will no longer take entries from Wednesday 25th Feb. Anyone who has not transferred funds to the holding accounts as requested will not play in the league. This is the final deadline and will not be extended.

Good luck all

Tony

Special 2k starting stack tables now in the lobby...all password protected (password will be sent to league members once we are ready to go)

hutables.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Just 1 question - the minimum buyin for each game for Serie A is $20 and say for Serie B its $10. Just wondering would most games in these leagues be for roughly this amount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

shipped

Warper wrote: »
    Just 1 question - the minimum buyin for each game for Serie A is $20 and say for Serie B its $10. Just wondering would most games in these leagues be for roughly this amount?

The reason we put minimums on HU games is so that players cant say that they only have $10 in their accounts so they need to play $1 or $2 HU games.

This happened on a couple of occasions last time out, where one person wanted to play a $100 HU and another wanted to play a $1...to compromise we put minimums in place.

You could probably ask one or 2 of the guys in the higher league what they did last time out. I know that there was a few $200 HU games played. Guys is Serie A may play higher but from my experience last time, most games i played were $10-$20 HU with 2 matches played at $50 (i was Serie B)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Money shipped.

Thanks Tony and Ciaran for organising everything.

Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

money shipped,
    Thanks for organising. Really looking forward to playing this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Money shipped.

Thanks Tony and Ciaran for organising everything.

Good luck all!

tried to ship but saying player transfer not set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

tried to ship but saying player transfer not set up?

Sorted now Fran

Sorted now Fran

Cheers Ciaran, money sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Flushdraw wrote: »
    The reason we put minimums on HU games is so that players cant say that they only have $10 in their accounts so they need to play $1 or $2 HU games.

This happened on a couple of occasions last time out, where one person wanted to play a $100 HU and another wanted to play a $1...to compromise we put minimums in place.

You could probably ask one or 2 of the guys in the higher league what they did last time out. I know that there was a few $200 HU games played. Guys is Serie A may play higher but from my experience last time, most games i played were $10-$20 HU with 2 matches played at $50 (i was Serie B)

Pm sent Tony

Today is the final day for league reg

There's still 9 players that havent shipped monies.

Serie A - 2 players
    Serie B - 3 players
    Serie C - 2 players
    Serie D - 2 players

I'm not going to PM the individual people again because everyone has already received PMs and its up to yourselves to transfer money. Players that have not paid WILL NOT be entered into the leagues as we have enough reserves to take your places.

Also hoping to get BIOs from everyone participating in the league. So far, only 16 players have sent answers. Pretty poor return from 60ish players.

Serie A - 2 players
    Serie B - 6 players
    Serie C - 3 players
    Serie D - 5 players

Questions again are..

Boylepoker screen name
    Boards name
    Real name (we wont publish this should you say so)
    What limits do you play
    How would you describe your game
    Biggest online score
    Whos your biggest competition in the league
    Give me a querky quote!
    Anything else you want to add

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I meant to ask, whats with the Bio's? (probably a bit late considering I already sent mine in :o)
    Where are they going?
    Where will they be published?
    etc etc.

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I meant to ask, whats with the Bio's? (probably a bit late considering I already sent mine in :o)
    Where are they going?
    Where will they be published?
    etc etc.

Alright James,

There's a couple of reasons for them.

Boylepoker were going to run a book on the league. Just hoping for a bit of insight into the players etc. This looks too complicated and exploitable so i doubt the book will run.

We are dedicating a page on Boylepoker to the league and players BIOs. Will be interesting to pair off players BIOs etc.

I'm going to commentate on the league and blog matches etc so i'll be dropping in the odd bit of info from the BIOs from time to time. I only know about half the players involved this time around.

I'll also be seeding players for the Cup draw so we can have some David v Goliath type clashes.

Its really all to raise the profile of the league, keep players involved and have a bit of fun at the same time

49 from 60 fully paid up. 5 reserves also transferred money across so hopefully this will be full.

Players that have made promises to pay etc need to do so today becuase leagues will be set up and finalised tomorrow with no late entries allowed.

Looks like there will more than likely be 2 places in Serie C and Serie D so you can guarantee a place if you get money transferred today.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Flushdraw wrote: »

I'll also be seeding players for the Cup draw so we can have some David v Goliath type clashes.

Hi Tony,

I know this is only a bit of fun but when you say seeding, are you talking as in Champions league type thing, i.e. hectorjelly will defo get somebody not as good as him in the first round?

Surely it should be run as an FA Cup type thing and it's luck of the draw, seems a lot fairer way to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Monies shipped - roll on Serie B - big thanks out to Flushdraw and Boyles for what should be a great league and cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Lao Lao wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

I know this is only a bit of fun but when you say seeding, are you talking as in Champions league type thing, i.e. hectorjelly will defo get somebody not as good as him in the first round?

Surely it should be run as an FA Cup type thing and it's luck of the draw, seems a lot fairer way to do it.

Agreed, unless they mean SerieA will definitely have to play each other to get rid of some of the good players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hi Tony,

Money shipped there for Serie A.

Boylepoker screen name "Stephen McLean"
    Boards name carfax
    Real name (we wont publish this should you say so) "Stephen McLean"
    What limits do you play - Tournaments only; Little bit of small stakes Omaha.
    How would you describe your game - Poor to middling.
    Biggest online score - Not telling.
    Whos your biggest competition in the league - The field.
    Give me a querky quote! - "IPO 2009, we're going to break some more records."

Lao Lao wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

bohsman wrote: »
    Agreed, unless they mean SerieA will definitely have to play each other to get rid of some of the good players.

Nah lads, i didnt mean i'd be using seeding to alter or fix the draw in any way. I just mean that all players will be seeded "just for fun". If all players participate then Serie A will be seeded 1-12, Serie B 13-36 etc. If HJ is in Serie D then he will be seeded 49-60.

Each round will be an open draw with everyone going into a virtual hat and being drawn out randomly.

Funds shipped Tony!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭northwestguy27

FlushDraw

Monies are ready to go, just a slight technical issue to get sort with Ciaran first (working on it now) . Should be completed by this evening.

BabyHawk

^^^^Sorted^^^^

carfax wrote: »

Boylepoker screen name "Stephen McLean"

Real name (we wont publish this should you say so) "Stephen McLean"

I always said you have a preposterous imagination:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭northwestguy27

FD

Money has been sent. Serie D league & Cup.

Many thanks to Ciaran & yourself for all the work in getting this up and running and also for letting me in...!

BabyHawk

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

tony i may pull out of serie B sorry about the late notice, pm sent

• Advertisement

Only 3 hours left for players to get funds transferred across for this

Advertisement