Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** $10k added ** Boylepoker / Boards.ie Heads Up League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Have to pull out. Moving out and starting new job etc and won't have time to commit to this.

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

OK the league is now closed for entries. Obviously didnt go to plan with a few people waiting until the last minute to pull out, so we'll need to juggle some players/leagues. Bit surprised at some of the people that didnt pay.

I think everyone got enough time to set their accounts up and transfer funds and the people that didnt make it, just didnt bother.

I'll post up full details of the league over the next day or so and we'll get this kicked off before the weekend hopefully.

Good luck to everyone involved

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

less players in = more loot for me the winners.

OK lads, you need to bear with me on this one...Just want to fill everyone in on the change to league structure and payout...Like we werent gonna have any trouble with people not paying and pulling out :rolleyes:

The original payout below was based on 60 players. It was 5 leagues of 12. There was quiet a few drop outs and reserves drafted in at the last minute to replace them so in the end we have 58 players all paid up and registered. The below payout now has to be adjusted to reflect this.

payoutul4.jpg

As you could imagine, it was quite difficult getting players to commit to difference leagues..without the reserves, we would have been down another 10 places or so. The adjustments that i had to make, is that Serie A now has 14 runners, Serie B 12 + 12, Serie C has 10 and Serie D has 10.

If we keep the payout structured by % of prizepool as in the original, it would look like below. I dont really like this and its unfair on the players in the lower leagues. As they both now only have 10 players, the % has dropped quite a bit and its now really top heavy.

revisedpayout.jpg

Nothing is set in stone yet, but i kinda like this payout. It involves leaving the added money as it originally was. The extra recouped from Serie A (i.e the 2 extra players $300 is included) and similar deductions made for the 2 players in C+D have been included, but the added money hasnt changed

prefpayout.jpg

Sorry for rambling but its getting late and i'm wrecked so i'll try to answer any questions you might have in the morning. The final leagues look like this.....

leaguedetials.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Blimey,fair play to you Tony,that looks mighty pretty.:)

• Advertisement

Blimey,fair play to you Tony,that looks mighty pretty.:)

haha its defo time for bed now though. Head is melted and i need some sleep. At least Arsenal won for a change so i'm happy ;-))

Edit : I seem to have missed Warper from that list. He defo paid up and reg'd well in time for Serie B so i'll add him when i get a chance...damn i hate mistakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭northwestguy27

FD & Ciaran - Well done on this, very impressive work.

Now, can we start the pre-game boasts in here or should we set up another thread for that...?:D

Well, all you guys in D, best of luck!

BabyHawk

FD & Ciaran - Well done on this, very impressive work.

Now, can we start the pre-game boasts in here or should we set up another thread for that...?:D

Well, all you guys in D, best of luck!

BabyHawk

Cheers

I'll be starting a new thread once i seperate Serie B into 2 leagues of 12 and then i'll do up all the fixture lists. That new thread will be kept for posting results etc and i'll update it regularly.

There's a tiny bit of ironing out becuase i left Warper out from Serie B so that will leave 25 in Serie B...I need to have even numbers in every league so just need to look at whats the best way to go about it. Its a shame so many pulled out late on (or just didnt bother getting in touch). I'll post up further details later becuase every change in the league, results in a change in the pay structure

fair play to you tony, thats an epic amount of work done already and the thing hasnt even begun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Boylepoker screen name TheJollyGiant
    Boards name Daithio
    Real name David O'Callaghan
    What limits do you play - don't really play at the moment
    How would you describe your game - great if I'm playing well, awful if I'm not
    Biggest online score - think I won the $100 rebuy on stars for about 14k
    Whos your biggest competition in the league - ocallagh & DeVore. Always lose to them for some reason.
    Give me a quirky quote! - 60% of the time it works, every time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

Boards name NorwichFanRob
    Real name Rob Taylor
    What limits do you play - $200/$500 STTs (mainly HU at the moment)
    How would you describe your game - reasonably solid so far this year
    Biggest online score - 10-12k a few times, nothing more so far online
    Whos your biggest competition in the league - tough line up in Serie A
    Give me a quirky quote! - will edit this later when i think of one !

Boylepoker screen name BabyHawk

Boards name northwestguy27

Real name (we wont publish this should you say so) Mark Hawkins

What limits do you play Mainly SNG, MTT etc anywhere from £5-100 both live and online

How would you describe your game I like to think I am a rock, but you guys will no doubt let me know otherwise

Biggest online score None to talk about, but my wife won a share in a horse once (playing poker in case you are wondering)

Whos your biggest competition in the league Dont really know anyone yet, but it'd probably be Marty Smyth if he is in it....biggrin.gif

Give me a querky quote! I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Whos your biggest competition in the league Dont really know anyone yet, but it'd probably be Marty Smyth if he is in it....

Luckily you wont cross paths this time around, Marty is in A :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Luckily you wont cross paths this time around, Marty is in A :)

Soo thats the juicy cup draw all us non league Serie D types are looking for!

Yea, I'm hoping for an epic HU David & Goliath type game in the cup (as long as he can come down to my $5-10 level)

will marty play for play chips? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

wow nothing handy in any section there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Well it would be the ONLY situation i will ever be heads up with Marty so here's hoping for the draw!

From the bio's of some of you series d guys looks like i am at the wrong end of the alphabet!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

When is this going to officially start Tony?

Will be doing the draw for Serie B at 10.30pm. Its nothing hi-tech, just on msn cam of all the names on an excel spreadsheet ;-)

There is 26 players registered for Serie B...I have to split it into groups of 12 and 14...

I will list all 26 names and scroll through them
    I will use the random function beside each player which will generate a number between 0-1 (decimals)
    I will then save these numbers and sort the list in ascending order
    The top 14 names will be in Serie BA
    The next 12 names will be in Serie BB
    Quick, easy and straight forward.

if anyone wants to add me to verify the process, i will be doing this on account pokermeh[at]hotmail.com

• Advertisement

Draw complete for Serie B...witnessed by a whole 2 people :rolleyes:

Serie BA
    aidankk
    ZZR1100
    TommyGunne
    Macspower
    thenutpeddler
    one ill cat
    strewelpeter
    thechamp87
    White Knight
    Hectorjelly
    Digiman
    Flushdraw
    Tony_Montana
    Wolves

Serie BB
    The Improver
    Warper
    enzo scifo
    Connie147
    Ste05
    Imposter
    Meathman 007
    bohsman
    Chucky the tree
    carfax
    bottom feeder
    Dead Parrot

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

What's the payout difference between the 2 B leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Draw complete for Serie B...witnessed by a whole 2 people :rolleyes:

Serie BA
    aidankk
    ZZR1100
    TommyGunne
    Macspower
    thenutpeddler
    one ill cat
    strewelpeter
    thechamp87
    White Knight
    Hectorjelly
    Digiman
    Flushdraw
    Tony_Montana
    Wolves

Serie BB
    The Improver
    Warper
    enzo scifo
    Connie147
    Ste05
    Imposter
    Meathman 007
    bohsman
    Chucky the tree
    carfax
    bottom feeder
    Dead Parrot

web cam broadcast draws are so last year imo :p

thechamp87 wrote: »
    What's the payout difference between the 2 B leagues?

Just have to confirm that Adam...not too sure at the moment mate.

Folks,

Here's the leagues and the payout structure. We wont be deviating from this in any way so we're ready to go. I'll be starting a new thread on Friday with the fixtures , re-run of the rules etc. Money added is now $8,100 for this league.

Can people in the league spend Thurs / Fri completing the answers to the BIO and send it onto me so myself and Ciaran can begin to compile the information onto Boylepoker. The players with the little red indicator beside their names have supplied us with the answers to the BIO. It would be great if everyone could help us out here.

I'd like to kick this league off on Sunday but we may be able to kick it off sooner with everyones help.

Good luck to everyone in the league and thanks once again to Boylepoker for the added money and the use of their site.

leagueplayers.jpg

finalpayouts.jpg

Boylepoker Champions Cup details

Boylepoker have added $10k to this years series.

$8100 to the league prizemoney
    $1000 to the Boylepoker Cup

and $900 to the Boylepoker Champions Cup

The Boylepoker Champions Cup will involve the winners of Serie A, Serie BA, Serie BB, Serie C, Serie D and the Boylepoker Cup.

These 6 players will be invited to play a 6 seater STT where the prizes will be

1st - $600
    2nd - $300

A nice way to finish off what i hope will be a memorable Heads Up series :)

quick one just to get it out of the way now,
    If the winner of the cup is also a winner of the league, will you be bumping the second place in that persons league, or second place in the cup, to the champions STT?

zuroph wrote: »
    quick one just to get it out of the way now,
    If the winner of the cup is also a winner of the league, will you be bumping the second place in that persons league, or second place in the cup, to the champions STT?

It will be the person that finishes second in the league that gets the spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Boylepoker screen name, aidankkkcats "dont ask" :o
    Boards name, aidankk
    Real name, Aidan O'Hara
    What limits do you play .5-1 NL or when on tilt 20-40 Limit :mad: again dont ask
    How would you describe your game loose, getting more passive as time goes by to counteract over aggressive nl games..
    Biggest online score, couple of 1k tourneys but dont play many
    Whos your biggest competition in the league , hector i presume..
    Give me a querky quote!, there is almost no way to miss a flop with 97 clubs...
    Anything else you want to add. , Im hoping in terms of poker education this should be the best 120 i ever spent...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

sick im missing this :(

Advertisement