Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you think we can improve After Hours?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I thought doctors were supposed to encourage blood donation?
    And I thought posters were supposed to know their place. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

And I thought posters were supposed to know their place. :pac:

Mine do, they never slide off the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Overheal wrote: »
    I'd like to see something get properly organised on AH (even though I wouldnt be able to go to any of it). Whether it be a sperm drive or a Blood Drive or a Beers. The few failed attempts at organising protests just fell on deaf ears sadly. But I mean anyone can get down for a Blood Drive or a Beers.
    ive never been to a boards beers :o
    An AH beers you say?
    I can just imagine it now. 5000 banned people. All of them with knives and vodka.
    "Are you dr.bollocko?"
    "ummmm.... No?"

heh you must of gottin some funny pms :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

An AH beers you say?
    I can just imagine it now. 5000 banned people. All of them with knives and vodka.
    "Are you dr.bollocko?"
    "ummmm.... No?"

What are you worried about? You never do a tap. :pac:
    heh you must of gottin some funny pms :pac::D

PMS? It's Dr. Bollocko not Nurse Bollocko.

Now what was that about AH being a misogynistic boys club? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

javaboy wrote: »

PMS? It's Dr. Bollocko not Nurse Bollocko.

are you shore have you personally cheacked ?

he could be one of those trangender/sexual bit of booth people :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

An AH beers you say?
    "Are you dr.bollocko?"
    "ummmm.... No?"
    Hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

ur sig reads:

"A tea towel on your head and good works with India's lower class. That doesn't make you a nun."

good what?

Carlow52 wrote: »
    ur sig reads:

"A tea towel on your head and good works with India's lower class. That doesn't make you a nun."

good what?

"works" as in the noun.

"works" as in the noun.

In that case, you have "noun" misspelt in your sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mine do, they never slide off the wall.

Mine do. They always end up rolling back up, usually starting at the top and then ripping at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys what I really think is the most important issue here is this: A thread like this comes up every year or so, and just like this one it goes dozens of pages long of discussion of "How can we improve After Hours" with at last some good ideas. However, realistically very little is ever done, it goes on totally as normal and nothing really changes.

It reminds me of the companies I have worked for where the Management "Pretend" to let the workers have a say, and we all get together and make really great suggestions of how to improve things for all of us. They say they will think about it and go off 'deliberating' for a few weeks - and just hope everyone forgets about it but leaving the thought in people's heads making them think they have a say in what goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You know too much.

Time to die!!!

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys what I really think is the most important issue here is this: A thread like this comes up every year or so, and just like this one it goes dozens of pages long of discussion of "How can we improve After Hours" with at last some good ideas. However, realistically very little is ever done, it goes on totally as normal and nothing really changes.

It reminds me of the companies I have worked for where the Management "Pretend" to let the workers have a say, and we all get together and make really great suggestions of how to improve things for all of us. They say they will think about it and go off 'deliberating' for a few weeks - and just hope everyone forgets about it but leaving the thought in people's heads making them think they have a say in what goes on.

I know it may look like that from the outside but that's only because it's an accurate description of what happens.

Nah in all seriousness if you look back through the thread ignoring the silly suggestions, the ones that are site wide issues rather than local to AH and the inane chatter, I think you'll find that most people were happy enough with it as it is. The main things that seem to crop up most often are a) banning recession talk b) on a similar note, moving threads to appropriate forums more often and c) cracking down on funny "for thanks" posts.

a) I think has died down to a certain extent naturally although we have had to merge some recession threads. This one is mainly up to the users to direct.

b) We're moving more threads than we used to but because AH has very high traffic, sometimes a thread has been AHified by the time a mod gets to look at it. It's too contaminated at that stage to move to Politics or Irish Economy or wherever. Again the best way to sort this out is for posters to have a look through the forums list before they post. There really is a forum for (almost) everything here.

c) This is another one that's up to the users to sort out if it's actually a problem. Personally I don't see it as one. Sure sometimes excessive puns or tired repeated memes can get annoying but this isn't the serious forum. We deleted some stuff like "Yore ma" and nuisance memes like rickrolls and Bel Airs among others. Beyond that kind of thing I don't think it's something the mods could or should control.

I'll have a read back through it at some stage to see if there were any other major things brought up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I know it may look like that from the outside but that's only because it's an accurate description of what happens.

I love that statement, unfortunately I can no longer take you seriously because of your new Avatar.

Away to Cabot Cove with ya, vile mass murderer in disguise that you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm just going to assume someone has already mentioned the jetpacks?

The_Coon wrote: »
    I love that statement, unfortunately I can no longer take you seriously because of your new Avatar.

I always had difficulty taking him seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I vote for more rickrolls

Valmont wrote: »
    I vote for more rickrolls
    :eek:
    Rickrolls are bannable.
    Prepare to be post stalked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Rickrolls are bannable.

I would have suggested the death penalty, even a pacifist would agree with that.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

I suggest ye get rid of Dr. Bollocko. I went to him with my itchy scrot the other day and all I ended up with was a big gay blowjob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I suggest ye get rid of Dr. Bollocko. I went to him with my itchy scrot the other day and all I ended up with was a big gay blowjob.
    How did he taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Quazzie wrote: »
    How did he taste?

Yum!

Most of that is probably slanderous. I don't remember. I was drunk. Somebody did something obscene with a bottle of coors light. I called it a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Rickrolls are bannable.

Ah no, I was being sarcastic. Stalk me if you want but besides my rather benign rap sheet, I'm as clean as a whistle.

Valmont, nice and fluffy since 2006.

Valmont wrote: »
    Ah no, I was being sarcastic. Stalk me if you want but besides my rather benign rap sheet, I'm as clean as a whistle.

Valmont, nice and fluffy since 2006.

Dammit. Your record is cleaner than mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Lose people who refuse to get the jist of what people are saying,and instead adopt a pedantic and obfusticational approach to every argument.

Example:

Poster X

"people whom you see usually staggering out of pubs at 2300 hrs and falling around the place are drunks."

Obfusticational Alec:

"Well maybe they are people to whom a staggering syndrome occurs at 2300 hrs every night. Have you any proof they are drunks?"

JHC:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

improve the boards by shutting down after hours

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

How and why do you think that would improve boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

improve the boards by shutting down after hours
    LMAO. Good one.

Seriously though, I can ban you if you want. That way you won't have to look at AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Terry wrote: »
    LMAO. Good one.

Seriously though, I can ban you if you want. That way you won't have to look at AH.

Damn it, he had a point until you reminded me who controls the mouse button!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement