Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you think we can improve After Hours?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

improve the boards by shutting down after hours

This thread is about improving after hours...so we can improve it by shutting it down :confused:

No,no,no this doesnt make sense at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

This thread is about improving after hours...so we can improve it by shutting it down :confused:

No,no,no this doesnt make sense at all

I agree on the whole but your argument isn't completely airtight really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If the OP is going to post on a controversial news story the at least:
    • The OP can offer their opinon on it, if I want to read headlines I go to a news site
    • Copy in the relevent text, just adding a link is lazy and also we can't all access some sites in work to read the news story

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

mikemac wrote: »
    • The OP can offer their opinon on it, if I want to read headlines I go to a news site
    • Copy in the relevent text, just adding a link is lazy and also we can't all access some sites in work to read the news story

This will very likely be covered in the new chapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mikemac wrote: »

A paragraph or two with a link and some comment is the norm. Enough to make the general thrust clear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Oh sure, just looking for the relevant text, as I posted above. No need for the entire article as that's often too long.

I have just seen some one line threads with a title, a link and "discuss..."
    Pretty lazy and gets the thread off to a bad start.

But that's pretty rare which is all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Replace the stuffing and more firmly attach the wires

On the Muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,386 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal wrote: »
    I'd like to see something get properly organised on AH (even though I wouldnt be able to go to any of it). Whether it be a sperm drive or a Blood Drive or a Beers. The few failed attempts at organising protests just fell on deaf ears sadly. But I mean anyone can get down for a Blood Drive or a Beers.
    This is working well so far :)

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Stupid predictive text. Just be glad I'm not using txt spk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If serious topics are going to be discussed in AH then I think it should be important that people start backing up their statements with facts, links, etc. Its annoying to see threads which should be in humanities or politics but people know they can't get away with mindless shouting, hatespeak, rent a mob stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What, like all travellers act the way they do because they were disenfranchised a century ago?

People need to realise that not everything is referenced on the web, and that sometimes it's more productive to simply open a window, or ones eyes for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Incidentally, a discussion that references AH is ongoing over on Feedback. Some diverse opinion might be helpful.

Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If serious topics are going to be discussed in AH then I think it should be important that people start backing up their statements with facts, links, etc. Its annoying to see threads which should be in humanities or politics but people know they can't get away with mindless shouting, hatespeak, rent a mob stuff.

Can you back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Would it be possible to do a thing like wot they have in gmail where a little box appears in the bottom right notifying you that someone has left a comment on the thread you're viewing and to click on it to update the thread?

Would it be possible to do a thing like wot they have in gmail where a little box appears in the bottom right notifying you that someone has left a comment on the thread you're viewing and to click on it to update the thread?

That would be a nice addition. I think it was actually suggested recently. But it's a sitewide issue rather than an AH one. You could post a suggestion in the Development forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=228

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Bit OT, but who is the new moderator? I noticed the entries thread has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

The most recent mod is Rabies.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Valmont wrote: »
    Rabies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

YEP, that's what AH needs, a dose of Rabies.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

cool, what was his/her winning entry picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

cool, what was his/her winning entry picture?
    He suggested getting rid of a topical sticky.

Terry wrote: »
    He suggested getting rid of a topical sticky.

Sure.. He always likes to have a sticky topic in hand! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 4pointplay

Man this place is strange.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

4pointplay wrote: »
    Man this place is strange.

PROC is stranger.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yep from what Ive read lately is that the mods are Rabies, Terry, Bollocko and Javaboy.
    Think that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Yep from what Ive read lately is that the mods are Rabies, Terry, Bollocko and Javaboy.
    Think that's it.
    And AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Think that's it.
    Kiera wrote: »
    And AC.

Not again!
    Poor AC.:(
    /this lets me off the hook now right?

What about Tar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Not again!
    Poor AC.:(
    /this lets me off the hook now right?
    No way. AC will NEVER forget how you left him out!

/i'll make sure of that :D

Advertisement