Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you think we can improve After Hours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Not again!
    Poor AC.:(
    /this lets me off the hook now right?

What about Tar?

I was actually referencing your thread :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Let's not forget Monty.

Whatever happened to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Isn't he away working or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Isn't he away working or something like that?
    Stop changing the subject. You forgot about AC!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Now now. Let's try and steer this back on topic.

I think we can improve AH by remembering the people who take the time to moderate the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Kiera wrote: »
    No way. AC will NEVER forget how you left him out!

/i'll make sure of that :D
    Kiera wrote: »
    Stop changing the subject. You forgot about AC!
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    Now now. Let's try and steer this back on topic.

I think we can improve AH by remembering the people who take the time to moderate the forum.

AC has my heart, he knows this.:cool:
    /goes off to check ACs VMs to see if it's still there..
    it is and I have his:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Not again!
    Poor AC.:(
    /this lets me off the hook now right?

What about Tar?
    Tat.A banned someone a while back. He's still arouund.

Let's not forget Monty.

Whatever happened to him?
    He went to Canada and became too nice for AH.
    We keep him around as a reminder of what happens when you go to Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Terry wrote: »
    Tat.A banned someone a while back. He's still arouund.

He spends all his time with the grass munchers now. He's no time for us no more. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

javaboy wrote: »
    He spends all his time with the grass munchers now. He's no time for us no more. :(

Tar left to become a sheep-shagger? Dirty old sod...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Yea. She's a god damned hippy.
    I offered her the pork sword one day and she spat on it, but not in the good way.
    She turned down the hot beef injection too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Get rid of the thanks button. Seems like a lot of stupid responses are only posted to get thanks. I'm guilty of it too and it seems to be getting a bit too much lately, especially with the LC students etc.

Can the thanks button be disabled for AH alone?

Yeah yeah, I've been thanked for this post, oh the irony ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I see the thanks button is gone!!! Fair play.

Maybe now all the goons will vanish. No more thanks = no more stupid fcuking posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

That_Guy wrote: »

No it's not. It's been removed from the Feedback forum but not After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Maybe now all the goons will vanish. No more thanks = no more stupid fcuking posts.
    It's still easy to ignore stupid posts, don't read them, i would never consider reading any of my own the next day.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oh noes. I are idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

i think a boards irc channel would be pretty cool....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Congrats and Good luck Sharpshooter, see your getting a reputation* already! :cool:

* A good one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I think maybe there should have a sort of laissez faire forum (anything goes and no moderation) and let it run for a few days to see how things would pan out. Should be fun too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

netwhizkid wrote: »
    I think maybe there should have a sort of laissez faire forum (anything goes and no moderation) and let it run for a few days to see how things would pan out. Should be fun too.

4chan is the place for you.
    It doesn't actually pan out all that well in the end.
    /b/ or /r/ for examples.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Would last about 7 minutes before it would blow up in a giant mess

What's needed is to keep AH for silly light hearted chit chat - but I still think a sub forum for more normal general discussion would work very well..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Perma-bans for all those who started the threads about Sharpshooter last night. Or those who decided to hop on the bandwagon once the thread had begun.

It really detracts from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Perma bans for toilet threads.

Or at least a vomit emote.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Zascar wrote: »
    What's needed is to keep AH for silly light hearted chit chat - but I still think a sub forum for more normal general discussion would work very well..

I can see that working but it would be better in the other direction. Maintain AH for wide ranging topics with most of the usual suspect replies but move the deliberatly silly threads to the Cookoos Nest or to a new AH sub-forum. I'm thinking along the lines of the 'Describe your first sexual...' and the 'How often do you shower' type threads. They are the ones that should be shipped out and into a sub forum thus leaving AH to cater to threads rather then lists.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The only way to improve AH (other than getting rid of the thanks button) is to follow the tag advice for this thread:
    terry is always right, terry is awesome, terry is god, terry is the messiah, terry rules, vote terry, who's terry?, worship terry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Perma-bans for all those who started the threads about Sharpshooter last night. Or those who decided to hop on the bandwagon once the thread had begun.

It really detracts from the forum.

Perma-ban for you for calling for other users to be perma-banned :rolleyes:

fullstop wrote: »
    Perma-ban for you for calling for other users to be perma-banned :rolleyes:

Wtf? That doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Wtf? That doesn't make any sense.

Quit with the back seat modding.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OldGoat wrote: »
    I can see that working but it would be better in the other direction. Maintain AH for wide ranging topics with most of the usual suspect replies but move the deliberatly silly threads to the Cookoos Nest or to a new AH sub-forum. I'm thinking along the lines of the 'Describe your first sexual...' and the 'How often do you shower' type threads. They are the ones that should be shipped out and into a sub forum thus leaving AH to cater to threads rather then lists.
    I would agree with you that if it could be done, that would be great, but lets face it that will never ever happen. Take a look through a random 5 AH threads, and it very rarely go 10 posts without some stupid pointless reply -that doesn't contribute to the topic positively and is rarely funny - and it mostly fails to recover from that when it happens. You'd need 10 full time mode to police it. Best to leave AH the way it is as most want it to stay, but I really don't see the problem in creating a "General Discussion" forum.

There are just way too many threads that have good potential for some good discussion, but quickly fall into a sess pit of moronic dribble.

The sticky title is "How do you think we can improve AH?".

I think that that would improve AH. No modding intended. But obviously you disagree with that. Because you think you're right. But I think I'm right. So there's no point in discussing this.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thin ice.

Advertisement