Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old xbox + 12 games = 27,99

• 13-02-2009 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

- standard/old xbox console
    - 1 controller
    - any 12 games
    - e27,99

all in GameStop, spotted in Crescent, Limerick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Holy crap, that's a good offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

only in Limerick:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Just called gamestop in Liffy Street. They don't carry any xbox stuff.

The one on Henry street does the old consoles for €9.99 and games for €5, buy one get one free. They dont seem to be doing the 12 game deal.

So thats the console and 8 games for €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great deal. In comparison I was in Gamestop the last day and it's now almost the same price to buy an Xbox 360 Arcade as it is to buy a PS2 in their bundles. Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Nice deal,
    anyone know if any of the stores in Cork have got these back in recently?

A month or two ago I tried the 3 gamestops around Cork but was told they didn't sell them anymore..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Redisle wrote: »
    Nice deal,
    anyone know if any of the stores in Cork have got these back in recently?

A month or two ago I tried the 3 gamestops around Cork but was told they didn't sell them anymore..

I did the same in the last month and they looked at me like I had two heads.

MC

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    - standard/old xbox console
    - 1 controller
    - any 12 games
    - e27,99

all in GameStop, spotted in Crescent, Limerick

When you say "old" do you mean the original xbox new or secondhand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

games are actually being sold in henry street at 2.99, buy one get one free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

When you say "old" do you mean the original xbox new or secondhand?

Most likely the second-hand ones, im picking one up, perfectly good dvd player, and for Halo, PGR, Jet Set Grind and Forza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Why do people buy so many ps2s when their is a newer and better console going with some great games practically free.

They sold 200K PS3s last month in america and 100K ps2s!

• Advertisement

Costs less? Probably.

I poped into Henry street just there, All the consoles are on reserve, might be getting more in next week. All the games are just splinter cell and old football ones.

Varkov wrote: »
    Costs less? Probably.

I poped into Henry street just there, All the consoles are on reserve, might be getting more in next week. All the games are just splinter cell and old football ones.

12 copies of Fifa 2002...

shudder.jpg

12 copies of Fifa 2002...

shudder.jpg

Yeah, but its only €17.94.

VALUE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Brilliant offer - turn an old xbox into a fully fledged streaming media centre that plays anything thrown at it with xbmc for a tenner??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

^^^ was just thinking about doing that.

I know google's my friend n all but... any links on setting it up that you could recommend?

can u stick in a usb wifi thing into an xbox or does it need to be ethernet?

gambiaman wrote: »
    Brilliant offer - turn an old xbox into a fully fledged streaming media centre that plays anything thrown at it with xbmc for a tenner??!!

WRONG! It won't handle HD.

And it clearly said €9.99 not €10.00. Jeez!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Thanks OP got one there a few mins ago,the amount of Splinter Cells there are unreal:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I know google's my friend n all but... any links on setting it up that you could recommend?

Xbox1 is ethernet only for network/streaming with Xbmc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I followed the steps in this thread. Have xbmc on my xbox now and its great. Well worth €9.99 :D

I would imagine that you would need an MS wifi adaptor if you couldn't connect a ethernet cable directly. Hardwired is better if you can.

EDIT ; Maybe theres no wifi adaptor - see Kerbdogs reply.

gambiaman wrote: »

That plays almost every video/audio format bar HD stuff :) yea can't go wrong.
    Also, get yourself a component cable and a remote - makes it even better (component cable if yea have a HD TV)
    If yea can get a internal addon that allow remote power on/off via the remote (which I have) your laughing - better than the xbox360/ps3 at steaming non-hd content.

• Advertisement

bazwaldo wrote: »
    I followed the steps in this thread. Have xbmc on my xbox now and its great. Well worth €9.99 :D

I would imagine that you would need an MS wifi adaptor if you couldn't connect a ethernet cable directly. Hardwired is better if you can.

EDIT ; Maybe theres no wifi adaptor - see Kerbdogs reply.

Get yourself a homeplug setup or a wifi bridge if you don't have a wifi connection at your TV setup. You could get a Netgear 54G WRT device and make it a wifi bridge if needed, but I'm sure theres cheaper options out there like runnng copper direct to your sharing server/PC/router

kerbdog wrote: »
    That plays almost every video/audio format bar HD stuff :) yea can't go wrong.
    Also, get yourself a component cable and a remote - makes it even better (component cable if yea have a HD TV)
    If yea can get a internal addon that allow remote power on/off via the remote (which I have) your laughing - better than the xbox360/ps3 at steaming non-hd content.

Can you explain why HD does not work? Is it the resolution? I have it connected to an old CRT TV so its just PAL res. But xbmc plays HD mkv files for me, and downscales the res.

Can you explain why HD does not work? Is it the resolution? I have it connected to an old CRT TV so its just PAL res. But xbmc plays HD mkv files for me, and downscales the res.

The Xbox1 doesn't have enough cpu "punch" to decode/play high-res/HD video content.
    If Xbmc is playing HD mkv for you, then good on yea :) what resolution are those videos at btw? /me interested. Not all files that are named with the .mkv extention are of a resolution that would be considered HD.

If your Xbox1/Xbmc is playing video over composite (the yellow/red/white connectors maybe via a SCART adapter) the Xbox1/Xbmc will default to a lower resolution thus yea wouldn't get much of a benefit of HD content over SD content anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Blast it anyway... I just rang the gamestop in the crescent and was told they dont have any.

WRONG! It won't handle HD.

And it clearly said €9.99 not €10.00. Jeez!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oops! ;)

See other links on how-to's nice1franko

I wouldn't go wifi (if you can even) wired all the way (homeplugs?)

kerbdog wrote: »
    The Xbox1 doesn't have enough cpu "punch" to decode/play high-res/HD video content.
    If Xbmc is playing HD mkv for you, then good on yea :) what resolution are those videos at btw? /me interested. Not all files that are named with the .mkv extention are of a resolution that would be considered HD.

If your Xbox1/Xbmc is playing video over composite (the yellow/red/white connectors maybe via a SCART adapter) the Xbox1/Xbmc will default to a lower resolution thus yea wouldn't get much of a benefit of HD content over SD content anyways

Ooooops. Tried it there and it was all stuttery. I had another version of the same movie which was a 4GB xvid avi 720p but I deleted it a few days ago. I defo watched a few mins of the movie on xbmc so it must have been the avi. The mkv is 720p also. Maybe the xbox processor can handle decoding xvid at 720p but not mkv.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

xbmc can also unrar on the fly so no need to unrar any avi's you may have compressed to save space. Also, i have a belkin wireless gaming adapter connected to my xbox for wireless connectivity all over the house, works perfect :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

is this available in any stores in Dublin?
    pls tell me..i will run into the stores tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone know if kilkenny has this?

AS I posted before, all they seem to have in Dublin are splinter cell and football games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

XBMC can handle 720p max, but it has to be configured that way during the initial softmod. It's been awhile since I've done one, but I'm fairly certain it can. I have 4 xbox XBMC in my house, and another 3 or 4 sitting in a cupboard in case I need them. I also have 150ish original games! Long live the Xbox 1!

mrmac wrote: »
    XBMC can handle 720p max, but it has to be configured that way during the initial softmod. It's been awhile since I've done one, but I'm fairly certain it can. I have 4 xbox XBMC in my house, and another 3 or 4 sitting in a cupboard in case I need them. I also have 150ish original games! Long live the Xbox 1!

Do you mean do this: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=484165&postcount=423

Just means the menus of Xbmc are 720p - which I use and they do look nice, it will attempt to upscale videos played but usually it gets a bit chunky

kerbdog - no that's not it. Bloody can't remember - age eh?
    But it was a choice you had to make during the linux install, you had to choose between SD playback or 720 output. It was a permanent setting.
    I'll have a dig about and see if I can find it again.

BTW - my xboxes are not for sale, ever! I'm of a certain generation that peaked (games wise!) with the xbox - ye can keep your 360s!!!!! (Admits to having one, but never uses it.)

AS I posted before, all they seem to have in Dublin are splinter cell and football games.

I was in Henry St this morninng and there was 50% football games (all different titles) and 10% splinter cell. But there were others. Maybe 30 other titles, probably one of each.

• Advertisement

mrmac wrote: »
    kerbdog - no that's not it. Bloody can't remember - age eh?
    But it was a choice you had to make during the linux install, you had to choose between SD playback or 720 output. It was a permanent setting.
    I'll have a dig about and see if I can find it again.

BTW - my xboxes are not for sale, ever! I'm of a certain generation that peaked (games wise!) with the xbox - ye can keep your 360s!!!!! (Admits to having one, but never uses it.)

Funny that, I was just playing Halo 3 last night on the 360 for the first time ever. And while it seems alright I'm just not really feeling it anymore for console games. I was a rabid fan of Halo and Halo 2....Have an old Xbox tucked in under the 360 with a rake of the best games acquired over the last few years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

Aliens vs predator gold for the pc has just been ported over xbox 1 by a lone programmer from Ireland and it runs superbly, if anyone remembers this game it was one of the best ever movie tie ins ever! http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EkFuuplEAkofHcdjRV.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I was in Henry St this morninng and there was 50% football games (all different titles) and 10% splinter cell. But there were others. Maybe 30 other titles, probably one of each.

Splinter cell 1 is worth a few quid on ebay because it can be used for softmodding. If you pair it with a memory stick containing the files(or even a Xbox to usb cable) you might even get more than the sum of its parts

TerrorFirmer - "I was a rabid fan of Halo and Halo 2..."
    I hear ya! Suppose you had to be there, but Halo was a fantastic release! I may sound like an old-timer, but before on-line play exploded, games had to rely on gameplay, and a game could takes weeks to finish, instead of a few days.
    I played Halo 3, didn't enjoy it much. I enjoyed all the MOH games but the 360 versions, while looking fantastic, aren't any better and over way too soon! Gears of War 1 & 2 is another example, looks fantastic, but unless you go on-line, it's way too quick to finish.

Call Of Duty on-line used to do my head in, when I kept getting snip'd by some Asian kid laughing at me!! (No offense, but the lad used to curse me in some strange language - don't tell me he wasn't!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Thanks for the info re: xbmc.... It's an unbelievable bargain alright but I've looked into a bit now and, for various reasons, I'm going to go for a htpc type setup or even just a dedicated banger of a laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kiciuch

Anyone know if Gorey,Wexford has this?

Advertisement