Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid I'm sure

• 13-02-2009 3:05am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right I'm gonna start all apologetic - I love my food but I've generally been able to manage it

Last year I got a hernia before the hernia I was about 9 1/2 stone after a series of hospitilisations and moving to a new job (shift work 2:30 in the day till 3:30 in the morning, meaning irregular eating and not able to go training) I've pretty much skyrocketed to 13/14 odd stone.
    Now bar exercise which I'm sorting out again now, my main problem is just snacking my main meals are good, but I eat **** like crisps way too much.
    I try to eat fruit which is ok and obviously good for me but I don't really have a sweet tooth so I've found myself buying different cooked meats (ham, salami etc.) is this a reasonable type of thing to snack on? I'm not asking for a superfood really but am I shooting myself in the foot?
    Basically when it comes to snacking I want meat or fish - whats my best bet?

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

You absolutely can snack on meat or fish. Just try to go for the good ones. Deli meats tend to be full of added salt, nitrites and nitrates and all sorts of added junk. Why not cook extra steak at dinner time and slice the extra thin to eat cold?

I'm a big fan of tinned fish for snacks. There are lots of small tins of tuna which even come with ring pulls. Sardines are good too, and salmon is always good. Lidl and Aldi both do single portions of fish, salmon and trout and mackerel and prawns.

Other good snacks are things like cottage cheese, or small bags of nuts or seeds.

Advertisement