Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Services Question

Options
  • 13-02-2009 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Anybody have an idea when the fire services will be recruiting again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

Fromvert wrote: »
    Anybody have an idea when the fire services will be recruiting again?

Ring them perhaps....or would you like me to ask for you.....

Jaysus....with your initiative, I hope you never have to save anyone from a match...let alone a fire....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Who pissed in your tea. A person cant ask a question without someone being a ****ing smart arse.
    If you dont know dont reply.

Ohhhhhhh...I do know....but why educate someone like you here...

If you are serious...make a call....how hard is that.......jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You can tell by looking at some of your posts that you are just a tool who sits at his computer waiting to reply with some smart arse answer because you are so much better then everyone else. Lets bow to the almighty. Get a life.
    allhail.gif

If someone does know the answer it will be greatly appreciated.

OK, best of luck.....the answer is simple......ring them.

Lets hope you don't get employed in the fire service. I know for a fact, your attitude wouldn't last long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Unlike the HSE where the Ambulance Service recruits for the whole country, the Fire Service recruitment is carried out by each County Council for that County only. Keep in mind that most Counties only run a retained service.

Dublin Fire brigade currently have a panel of recruits lined up so you could probably rule them out for at least another couple of years more.
    Wicklow County Fire Service recently advertised for recruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 psmate

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Unlike the HSE where the Ambulance Service recruits for the whole country, the Fire Service recruitment is carried out by each County Council for that County only. Keep in mind that most Counties only run a retained service.

Dublin Fire brigade currently have a panel of recruits lined up so you could probably rule them out for at least another couple of years more.
    Wicklow County Fire Service recently advertised for recruits.

As Bang bang has mentioned above Brigades recruit through the relevant county councils.
    You could try the "Recruitment" thread on the Irishfireservises.ie forum, any Brigades that are advertising tend to come up here.
    At the moment DFB have a pretty large panel to get through, only 50 out of 200 have passed out in the last 2 years, so it will be a few years yet before they advertise again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

10 Day bans to both Fromvert and keystone for peronal abuse.

Most / nearly all fire service jobs are advertised on www.localgovernmentjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 38 gt4-wrc

local authority websites meath coco,louth coco etc will have all details on retained stations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

civdef wrote: »
    10 Day bans to both Fromvert and keystone for peronal abuse.

Most / nearly all fire service jobs are advertised on www.localgovernmentjobs.ie

or if you're in northern ireland www.nifrs.org

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

keystone wrote: »
    OK, best of luck.....the answer is simple......ring them.

Lets hope you don't get employed in the fire service. I know for a fact, your attitude wouldn't last long.

The chap just asked a simple question! Im sure he is aware he can ring! But this is a community of people, some have better advice than " the answer is simple ring " im sure there are many firemen posting here!
    If your not going to be helpfull! Then dont post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

at the moment we(DFB) have 150 recruits waitin to start their training and given the current climate i think itll be another 5-6 years before the job recruits again

Advertisement