Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whippet Temperment

Options
  • 13-02-2009 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

We are about to bring a rescued Whippet (about 18 months) into our home. We have heard she is quite shy, even compared to other Whippets but I was just wondering if anybody knows what the general temperament is like for this breed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

We have a Whippet X and all I can say is he is the most friendly, outgoing dog we have ever had.

He was shy, but now he just loves playing and meeting people. I have only ever heard good things about Whippets & Greyhounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

loyal affectionate expect to be followed everywhere and extremely friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

brilliant dogs, can be a bit shy but Im sure once she is in a loving home she will come out of her shell. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

That sounds exactly like what we need. I cant wait now! Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

To be honest, a lot of people think that whippets are just like mini-greyhounds, they're not. I've met quite a few, they can be bolshy, confident friendly little dogs, much more high energy than a greyhound, and therefore higher maintenance! But they're lovely dogs, anything greyhound shaped gets my vote!

• Advertisement
Advertisement