Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC putting rates up!!!

Options
  • 13-02-2009 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

What a load of sh!t. Recession everywhere and they go and put the costs up. €2 per month.6% increase when there is actual deflation. what a way to run a company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

To be fair they have upped the speeds, what? twice in less than a year for no extra price? and talk of another big one soon.
    If you are angry enough to rant about 2 euro a month why not just walk away and get another isp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

They're spending a fortune upgrading. 2 euro isn't a lot for the services they can offer now.
    You can easily recoup that 2 euro with their phone service or by ordering digitial tv.
    I don't work for them or anything ,I'm just glad that they rolled it out before the hard times started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Downgrade to the speed you did have with them 12 months ago, and you'll probably be paying less now than you were then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    They're spending a fortune upgrading. 2 euro isn't a lot for the services they can offer now.
    You can easily recoup that 2 euro with their phone service or by ordering digitial tv.
    I don't work for them or anything ,I'm just glad that they rolled it out before the hard times started.
    90 million this year alone is been invested in the network and services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pingpongz

DingDong wrote: »
    90 million this year alone is been invested in the network and services.

And its still **** and unreliable :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

pingpongz wrote: »
    Not everywhere is unreliable :rolleyes:.When a network has been neglated for so long (due to lack of funding), You don't turn it around overnight. Its still a work in progress and probably will be for awhile longer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

pingpongz wrote: »

Sure lets generalize, :rolleyes:

Anyway a 2e increase is not much considering the changes UPC have made, if its that big an issue downgrade priceplans

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

What a load of sh!t. Recession everywhere and they go and put the costs up. €2 per month.6% increase when there is actual deflation. what a way to run a company.
    and Darth Vader is luke Skywalker's father too!!! ;) it's old news, they sent out a letter a month or so ago to let everyone know.

seriously tho, if it wasn't for NTL and others upping the stakes to 20mbps+ eircom would probably still be selling 3mbps as top of the range.

add to that the rumours of UPC upgrading all their territories to 100mbps by the end of 2009 and I'm more than happy to give them a couple of quid extra a month, bring it on!

Advertisement