Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUNNES VALUECARD

Options
  • 13-02-2009 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Morning all. my issue relates to the Dunnes Valuecard which is signed up for in October. Never received any correspondence from them. Have rang them twice and told each time that vouchers will be out within weeks - still nothing to date. Time to bin the card methinks.!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

signed up in oct did you say??
    think you need 300 points or maybe 500
    to get anything in first statement.. they were sent out in early dec
    so you might not have earned enough for that one :(
    think they are out every qtr... :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

every quarter you say? Well that would explain why I haven't gotten one in ages. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yeah you might not have earned enough for the last lot. The vouchers will be sent out in March, any points earned from the last quarter not in vouchers will be transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I got a ValueCard there there in September, only registered now. Do my points still count? Do I have to wait for the next billing to get them?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I got a ValueCard there there in September, only registered now. Do my points still count? Do I have to wait for the next billing to get them?
    they only start from when you register...:(

• Advertisement

What a rip, I earled loads during the 25% back on drink offer.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    What a rip, I earled loads during the 25% back on drink offer.
    thats the way it is tho...

it sucks really...:(
    if it was recent tho no harm to ring the num
    its on back of card. what ya gotta lose ;)

My dignity? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭JohnC.

minxie wrote: »
    they only start from when you register...:(

Are you sure? I know they used to count before you registered, but maybe it changed. The website does say you start collecting points immediately too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What I don't like about Dunnes, is the fact that they don't allow you to add on points retrospectively, i.e. you buy something and forget the card. Tesco will add the points on if you bring the card and receipt to the customer service desk.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

minxie wrote: »
    they only start from when you register...

Can you back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

snubbleste wrote: »
    Can you back that up?
    I have a friend that works for Dunnes and can confirm that as soon as you start using your value club card, the points get added to the account. I myself used my card for a year without registering it(I wanted the points to build up) and then registered receiving all the points for the past year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Looks like the new mailing has gone out, I got my vouchers today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yep, the points still work on an unregistered card, you just won't get sent anything, but they're still there.

Yeah the vouchers went out today. Possible reason for the delay is the massive numbers of new registered users, thanks to the membership drives during the special offers.

Advertisement