Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Futher my IT Skills

Options
  • 13-02-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi

Im looking to futher my skills in the IT sector - and im not to sure what path to take im working full time and i know i want to do an evening course

I want something to keep my interest-

Ive done
    IT With Cisco networks(do not have the cert for CISCO)
    Computer Networks and Software Systems

Higher Cert in Computing(IT Tallaght)

I found i like working with Servers - and Pc repair

So any ideas on what you might think might be good path to go down

Any suggestion would be great

Somanynames90

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jewelsster

The Grad Dip in IT in DCU is a conversion course for people with a degree who have no computing background BUT recently they've also opened a new entry option to people with 3-4 years experience and showing career development - that could be a good one for you to check out.

It's taught and part-time, two evenings a week.

It's also only €2K per annum.

The new entry is called ICT Professional Entry.

Also if you get a distinction you can go on to do a Masters in IT but it's not taught, it's a research degree and is also part-time but I didn't do that so I'm not as sure about that one...

Advertisement