Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redwings this winter

• 13-02-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

Has there been an increase in the number of redwings this winter? I was walking to work today and counted over 25 of them in a park in Dublin. I have always noticed them during previous winters but in my view there is a big increase this year. Is it just me or have others noticed an increase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's the usual numbers in my rural area with about 300 Redwings and 200 Fieldfares frequenting the tetrad.
    There has been some increase in Urban areas during the recent cold snap but I think National numbers are in line with previous years. Now and again we get bumper years as the weather in Europe worsens but not so far this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I think Srameen has the correct analysis. I noticed a few more than usual in the city this year and reckoned it was due to the cold snap.

Advertisement