Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony launches photography competition in Weekend magazine.

• 13-02-2009 11:27am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This may interest some here. Not sure about Copyright issues as I have not seen the T&C's yet, so that is something to look into.

==============================

Sony launches photography competition in Weekend magazine.

Sony Ireland will be running an amateur photography competition in the Irish Independent Weekend magazine every week from the 14th February 2009 until the 4th April 2009. The theme is 'Life in Motion'.

Each week, one finalist will have their entry printed in the Weekend magazine and will win a Sony Cyber Shot T77 digital camera. These winners will go into a final with the overall winner being announced on Saturday 4th April 2009. The overall winner will win a Sony Alpha 350k DSLR camera and a trip for two to the Sony World Photography Awards in Cannes from 16th -18th April 2009.

Details of entry will be announced in the Irish Independent Weekend magazine on 14th February.

Entrants must be aged 18 years or over and must not work for Sony or Independent Newspapers. Entries are limited to one per person and images should be no larger than 2MB. Closing date for entries is 25th March 2009. Entrants must be available to travel 16th -18th April. The judges' decision is final. Sony is a proud sponsor of the Sony World Photography Awards.

About Sony
    Sony manufactures audio, video, communications and information technology products for the global consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, game and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be one of the world's leading digital entertainment brands. Sony recorded consolidated global annual sales of EUR 55.44 billion (yen 8,871 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2008, based on an average market exchange rate for the same period of yen 160.0 to the EUR. It employs approximately 180,500 people worldwide.

In Europe, the Sony Group recorded consolidated annual sales of EUR 12.73 billion (yen 2,328 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2008. Sony Europe, headquartered at the Sony Center am Potsdamer Platz in Berlin, is responsible for the company's European electronics business and registered consolidated sales of EUR 9.55 billion for the same period.

For more information on Sony Europe, please visit http://www.sony-europe.com and http://www.sony-europe.com/presscenter

Joanna Petty
    Wilson Hartnell Public Relations
    5-6 Ely Place, Dublin 2
    Office: +353-1-669 0030
    Fax: +353-1-669 0039
    Email: joanna.petty@ogilvy.com
    Web: whpr.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

I popped into town today and picked up the Independent but after flicking through it I've realised that it's yesterdays paper. D'oh. If any of you guys could post more details on this it would be appreciated! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

ditto from me. There's no way in God's good earth that I'd ever pay money for the Indo, so if someone can post the details, it would be much appreciated.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

dudara wrote: »
    ditto from me. There's no way in God's good earth that I'd ever pay money for the Indo, so if someone can post the details, it would be much appreciated.

+1, indo = rag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

lol "The overall winner will win a Sony Alpha 350k DSLR camera"
    I doubt they mean that a Sony alpha costs 350k ;) (though their video cameras might...)

Advertisement