Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Buying Advice

Options
  • 13-02-2009 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Need your advice on teh following...

I bought a watch from an online uk shop at the end of January. I have heard nothing from them since an email stating that the item is out of stock and they will keep me informed when they have it in stock.

I have emailed them numerous times since to find out if they know when stock will be back in as it is a bday present for my mam, but all emails go ignored.

I have checked their website and they only list an email address & postal address for contacting them.

At this stage i want to cancel the order but how can I if they ignore all emails and there is no phone number to contact them?

Can I contact my credit card bank and tell them to re-tract the money?

I know I should of researched the site before I paid for the item but it was a lot cheaper than everywhere else.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Maybe, never hurts asking but don't be surprised if they say no.
    I know I should of researched the site before I paid for the item but it was a lot cheaper than everywhere else.
    Then you should know the company behind it and call yellow pages in the UK to speak with them. What is the web site btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Nody wrote: »
    Maybe, never hurts asking but don't be surprised if they say no.

Then you should know the company behind it and call yellow pages in the UK to speak with them. What is the web site btw?

The site is www.globalgizmos.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yes, it's called a charge back, and there should be no problem doing it since the business is not responding to your queries. Have they actually charged your card yet? Sometimes the charge doesn't go through until the order is dispatched. They'll be able to tell you when you ring up anyway.

jor el wrote: »
    Yes, it's called a charge back, and there should be no problem doing it since the business is not responding to your queries. Have they actually charged your card yet? Sometimes the charge doesn't go through until the order is dispatched. They'll be able to tell you when you ring up anyway.

Yea they definitely charged me for it, the date is the day after I ordered the watch..

I have sent them another email and I also managed to get hold of a phone number but it states on their website that the only way to contact them is by email only. So I will wait til around 3pm, and if I haven't heard anything (or gotten through on that phone number) I will contact my bank and arrange the chargeback..

Thanks jor_el..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/ri/26789/Global-Gizmos

Here follow the link and here is their phone number.

Telephone 0844 8845199 -> 00 44 844 8845199

or

01942719161 or 00 44 1942 719161

Oh and judging by the review page on price runner it seems you aint alone.

• Advertisement

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/ri/26789/Global-Gizmos

Here follow the link and here is their phone number.

Telephone 0844 8845199 -> 00 44 844 8845199

or

01942719161 or 00 44 1942 719161

Oh and judging by the review page on price runner it seems you aint alone.

Thanks I'll take a look now..

Ok they are really bad reviews. They are all having the same problem so I am just gonna ring my bank and try and get the money back.

I am tired of waiting on their emails.

I have to wait til the start of March before anything can be done from the credit card people..

Advertisement