Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extending Planning Permission

• 13-02-2009 11:57am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a job (domestic extension) where the planning permission is due to run out this coming November.

Client was on to me, while they do not want to do the work now, or are not in a position to get substantially complete by November, they do wnat to do the work in the future.

Any ideas on what's involved in extending a planning permission? Had a quick look at LA websites but both didn't have any infomation on this (in this case it's South Dublin Co Co).

Any guidance appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I have a job (domestic extension) where the planning permission is due to run out this coming November.

Client was on to me, while they do not want to do the work now, or are not in a position to get substantially complete by November, they do wnat to do the work in the future.

Any ideas on what's involved in extending a planning permission? Had a quick look at LA websites but both didn't have any infomation on this (in this case it's South Dublin Co Co).

Any guidance appreciated.

if applying for an extension for the duration to a planning application, a few things have to happen.

1. the build must be substantially complete (ie to wallplate)
    2. you must apply, and be granted, the extension befor ethe expiry of the original permission
    3. you fill out a one page form and pay the fee (around €80 as far as i remember)....

contact you local LA to clarify this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Much easier, neater and less expensive to apply for a new planning permission to extend just before starting works, this way up to date regs can be incorporated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I'm with Syd.
    Be very careful as there is no guarentee with Planning permission!

An application granted 4.5 years ago may not be granted in 2009!
    (Especially on a rural site with EPA guidelines etc)

All buidings must be substancially complete before 30 June 2009 otherwise the house must comply with current Building Regulations - in particular TGD L - July 2008.

UncleTom is right, if construction could start asap, planning permission is 99% likely and house will be complete to wallplate before 30th June 2009.

I'd advise your Client of the options and let them decide.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thanks for the replies. Take on board points re: B Regs.

I rang South Dublin C.C. and they confirmed that the development must be at least to wall plate level prior to the expiry of the planning permission...

however...

I asked could we put in a planning application for modifications to the existing permission as granted (say for the addittion of a velux window) and they said, if granted, this would actully in effect extend the whole permission!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Beware of the if granted bit!!, I just had one turned down as it wasn't substantially complete, ok it hadn't started because the client left it late and looked for a change of house type, which was granted but appealed and the time in appeal strung it out to over the expiry date so no house. I was however told that if we apply for a new house on the site we'd get it (except for the appeal bit!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement