Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roses are red...and quite expensive

Options
  • 13-02-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

Looking for roses for herself. preferably, not the cheap tesco, supervalu stuff. anyone seen any decent prices in the florists?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Its valentines dont expect to find them at a resonable price today of all days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Unlikely to find a bargain today alright.

If you live with "herself", buy the best you can afford, stick them in a vase (buy a cheap one if you have to) & bin the tesco wrapping.

If you don't, climb up to her apartment via the drainpipe with said unwrapped tesco roses clamped in your teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Or you could just skip the Roses and bring her to paris via Ryanair for about the same price... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Graveyard ftw.

Place is packed with flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Lidl are doing a dozen red roses for 35 euro. Or was it Aldi? I can never remember.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Graveyard ftw.

Place is packed with flowers.
    Play your cards right and you might get an arrangement that spells out her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I saw flowers on Lidl, or was it Aldi? website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Thanks for the replys. Graveyard looks to be the best bet...cheap and huge variety.Might even get a nice vase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

And while your there you can dig up two graves and switch the bodies for a private joke to yourself ah teeheee. Damn hosers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Lidl are doing deluxe dutch roses as PP have stated.

Personally though, I hate red roses. Does your OH like them? Or are you just buying them because it's the "done" thing?

• Advertisement

The florist on Eglington is supposedly the cheapest in the city, and among the cheapest in the country when it comes to roses. The guy was very nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

big b wrote: »
    Unlikely to find a bargain today alright.

If you live with "herself", buy the best you can afford, stick them in a vase (buy a cheap one if you have to) & bin the tesco wrapping.

If you don't, climb up to her apartment via the drainpipe with said unwrapped tesco roses clamped in your teeth.
    If she lives on the bottom floor repel down from the top of the building and smash through her window.

Personally though, I hate red roses. Does your OH like them? Or are you just buying them because it's the "done" thing?
    Bit of both. She wouldn't turn up her nose at any greenery but for the day thats in it, I'm going traditional.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Feck the flowers, just tell her you love her.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

A long time ago a guy gave me a bunch of flowers that he'd made from straws and paper. It was definitely the best bunch of flowers I ever got. He didn't spend a penny and left a more lasting impression.

Just saying is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

galwayrush wrote: »
    Feck the flowers, just tell her you love her.;)

it can't fail!!! :pac:

Feck the flowers, just tell her you love her
    Aww shucks!!! If I were Tom Hanks and she was Meg Ryan, defo. But we're not and de ladies like pressies, so I'm gonna be part of the Valentines Day Massacre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

The florist on Eglington is supposedly the cheapest in the city, and among the cheapest in the country when it comes to roses. The guy was very nice too.

Yes. Very nice guy. Dropped some leaflets into where i work.

1 Dozen Red Roses - €65
    6 = 35
    3 = 20
    1 = 5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The Wild West :) Dunnes in Knocknacarra had some last night, 20 smackers a dozen I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Yes. Very nice guy. Dropped some leaflets into where i work.

1 Dozen Red Roses - €65
    6 = 35
    3 = 20
    1 = 5

would ya not bet better off buying 12 singles and save yourself five euros???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

would ya not bet better off buying 12 singles and save yourself five euros???

Your math skills amaze me :D

I would imagine that a single rose is sold just on its own whereas a dozen roses are gift wrapped and presented in a bouquet style arrangement.

Anyway.... it's over thank God :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Your math skills amaze me :D

I would imagine that a single rose is sold just on its own whereas a dozen roses are gift wrapped and presented in a bouquet style arrangement.

Anyway.... it's over thank God :)

I Was being facetious (had to look that up in the dictionary) :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

While strolling around Amsterdam (return flights for the two of us cost the price of a dozen roses over here) on Saturday we walked down along the floating flower market. A dozen red roses were about €10....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

kayos wrote: »
    While strolling around Amsterdam (return flights for the two of us cost the price of a dozen roses over here) on Saturday we walked down along the floating flower market. A dozen red roses were about €10....

Have you not noticed the huge Dutch truck that delivers flowers to a huge number of florists in the town, including Yes (NO!) flowers?

The extra €55 must be their delivery fee + the extortionate rents...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

BEAT THE RECESSION

Buy your Valentines Cards & Flowers NOW for next year at knock-down prices

Just stick the flowers in the freezer, they'll be grand :pac:

Advertisement