Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RE: Health Insurance

Options
  • 13-02-2009 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I had an injury 3 years ago but it has progressively got worse. I havent any health insurance but im wondering if I could get insurance and then get the operation I need to correct this problem by claiming on private health insurance?

Any replies would be greatly recieved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 chorus

Do you not have to sign a disclaimer at the beginnining saying that you are free from illness and injury and I think there is a cooling off period. Personally I beleive that would be dishonest and unfair on other members of the health scheme you join but 'desperate times' and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

chorus wrote: »
    Do you not have to sign a disclaimer at the beginnining saying that you are free from illness and injury and I think there is a cooling off period. Personally I beleive that would be dishonest and unfair on other members of the health scheme you join but 'desperate times' and all.

no i believe they counter this by imposing waiting periods,
    you have to wait 6 month until you can claim off your health insurance
    and wait 5 years for treatment if its a pre-existing condition when you signed up.

Advertisement