Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Debris left behind by builder

Options
  • 13-02-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Live in a new estate in where the builder left the site around 4 or 5 months ago and left a mountain of building debris on the main road into the estate. Such rubbish consists of gates, bollards, tiles, slates, waste wood, waste plaster and even tires. Kids are having a ball with this debris builing ramps and i am sick of clearing it up after high winds. Builder is nowhere to be found. Changed numbers and address. The environmetal protection agency says its not their problem to take action on this. The local engineers office and even the county council cant do anything as apparently is is still a private estate until the builder hands it over. The rubbish is a complete eye sore and also a hazzard. Any ideas on what to do with this crap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Not sure of my facts here but i thought builders had to pay a deposit to the council that will be refunded when the estate is handed over.You will have problems also with sewers,roads etc if the council is not after taking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

fastrac wrote: »
    Not sure of my facts here but i thought builders had to pay a deposit to the council that will be refunded when the estate is handed over.

AFAIK the developer has to pay a bond to council before he starts any work. An engineer from the council is supposed to sign off on any problems before that bond is refunded to the developer.
    So I would suggest getting in contact with a local councillor and asking her/him to investigate the proceedings with your particular development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Rocky7

In the unlikely event of this builder resurfacing and applying for planning permission in the future, perhaps elsewhere, there should be a nationwide database with blacklisted developers/builders.
    Also, I would have suggested that the developer should have lodged a considerable amount of money with the VCity or County Council at the time of the granting of planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rumtumtiddles

Might be a good idea to report to the County Council that rats have been seen there -then they may have to do something to clean it up as it would be a health hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Take a picture of the mound and post it in the "Free stuff" thread. It will be gone in no time.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

The rats idea sounds like a good one!

Advertisement