Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plans for any new series?

• 13-02-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

does anyone no if there is to be anymore series to this?

i no the serenity was to wrap everythin up but im kinda hopin as the popularity of this has increased they might bring it back (like they did with family guy)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

:(

Its unlikly at present because several actors have different roles i think baldwin is still in chuck and summer is in terminator and Mal has a new show out soon called castle (about fooking time this show came out as well)

Oh and dollhouse is out tonight!

But it wont be any time soon. Just keep watching the 13 for now. oh and i like your location - i always wanted to say that at like 4am hammered after getting into a taxi except change star to turn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

User45701 wrote: »
    :(

Its unlikly at present because several actors have different roles i think baldwin is still in chuck and summer is in terminator and Mal has a new show out soon called castle (about fooking time this show came out as well)

Oh and dollhouse is out tonight!

But it wont be any time soon. Just keep watching the 13 for now. oh and i like your location - i always wanted to say that at like 4am hammered after getting into a taxi except change star to turn

he would look at u funny if u forgot to substitute the words...

cheers for the reply. disappointin but ill just have to get serenity on blue ray and make do with the extras.

ye i have it on HD DVD and it was the first HD movie i bought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭GunScope

Pity about the HD DVDness of it all, still excellent quality though :D ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bocha

i watched the film first and then the series. i could probably watch the film again now and enjoy it more now that i know the characters. great stuff sad it's over

• Advertisement

i did the same movie first, but its one of those few movies that can be watched again and again and again. its easyielly one of my most watched movies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

With BSG over I needed something to fill the void so I rewatched Firefly and Serenity and the nostalgia kicked in...

I know this is probably wishful thinking, but I cant help but hope that Universal/SciFi/SyFy might seek to produce more shows with a similar setting to take BSG's place... and what could be better than a TV series followup to Serenity?

I know that it's probably unlikely what with them making Capirca and all, but with Dollhouse's future not looking to bright Joss Whedon might be game to work on it! And I keep hearing that during a recession people tend to go to scifi for a little escapism so now would be the perfect time to bring it back! The biggest problem would be reuniting the cast, most of whom have ongoing work elsewhere :/

TBH if they did another season i would want it inbetween season 1 and the movie because book & Enara had left by the time the movie took place so there is a few weeks or months in there anyway. I want to know more about books backstory.

A Season set after the movie would lack book and wash and having River like that in the series? i love firefly the music is great and the cast are like a family. Like BSG actors and their show each firefly actor has credited firefly with the best job they have had.

if they did more it would be over hyped there is no way to underhype it. and people would expect too much from it.

Ive wanted more for so long but would it ruin what we have already?

I even went as far as contacting fox on behalf of a weathy Irish man who was interested in donating money to reviving the project...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭foodaholic

looks like summer just lost her job :( from Sarah connors, but on the upside shes free to play river again, I can only hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

That's only one character freed up, unfortunately. Joss's got to work on Dollhouse 2, Nathan's got Castle 2, Morena and Alan are in V, err... don't know about the others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement