Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling BT Broadband

Options
  • 13-02-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I was wandering if anyone knows any 'get out' clauses to cancel BT Broadband. I have the broadband for about 3 or 4 months now but am moving houses and want to cancel it but the contract was for 1 year..

Will they allow me to cancel it if i'm moving to an area they don't cover eg. Northern Ireland or or somewhere further afield?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Depends how they want to do it as they have a contract, they could bill you for the remainder of the contract or they may let you move the contract to another number. Either way the ball is in their court, wouldn’t hurt to ring them up and explain the situation but a lot of companies consider this as payback for people being rude to the customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

people being rude to the customer service.

My experience of BT customer service is the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

cianr wrote: »
    My experience of BT customer service is the other way around!

Wouldn't say rude exactly, but they do have the old incompetent, useless, unhelpful, lazy thing down to a fine art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

pf85 wrote: »
    Will they allow me to cancel it if i'm moving to an area they don't cover eg. Northern Ireland or or somewhere further afield?

No. You will have to pay out the remainder of the contract. As shit as BT are, this is not their problem.

Advertisement