Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pool for babies

Options
  • 13-02-2009 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Any ideas on bringing a baby swimming - is there a suitable pool in the Dundalk area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 monkeyjr

I'm ruling out Aura as I heard the hygiene is questionable!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

Not sure if this helps ...John of Goods swimming pool in Drumcar is lovely - very warm... I don't think it is open to the public but they used to do swimming lessons for young children at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

Aura can be good or bad depending on what time you go. I brought my son (2 years old) there early on a weekday and we were first in to the baby pool which was clean. On another occasion, we went late on in the Sunday session and the water was not clean and we both ended up with eye infections.

The way i look at it is there is only so much the pool filters and chlorine can do if dirty people allow their unwashed kids to crap in the pool. We're never going back when it's busy but I have no problem using the place at 9 or 10 in the morning on a weekday for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we normally go to smarmore its usually quiet and clean;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 monkeyjr

thanks all, but where is smarmore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 catherineg

I find Aura very clean and staff are very helpful. My youngest child attends swimming lessons and we've never had any problems. Plus it's good value for money compared to some other places?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

monkeyjr wrote: »
    thanks all, but where is smarmore?

Smarmore is in Ardee.

Had many a schooltour there whilst in primary school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 swimmer1

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our centre. We aim to keep the centre clean to the highest standards all the time. If anyone finds our standards do not meet your expectations we would ask you to speak to a duty manager or call us on 0429336230 and speak to a duty manager.

If anyone would like to come in and discuss any issues they have I would be more than willing to sit with them over a cup of coffee and go through all the details. If you wish to speak to me if you call reception and ask for Paul I am one of the duty managers.

If I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Advertisement