Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go drinking or dancing?

Options
  • 13-02-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend good places to go for a drink and bop aka dance in carlow town? Myself and a few girl friends are going tomorrow and was wondering are there many good spots for a few drinks with some music we could have a dance to???

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

you have a choice, tomorrow is sat (i think)

any of the pubs on the main st are good - barracks, med bar, tully's. the first two have lovely smoking areas that are lovely & warm and are actually pleasant to spend time in. i detest smoking area in leverett & frye, stay well away.

for dancing then you have the country wide known Foundry in the Dinn Ri and there is also Tao (have no idea of current name) - it is supposed to have a good reputation now. Lots of people going to it. hopefully someone else may give you more info on it.

lots of pubs and two excellent clubs. there is also a dance floor in cosmo brown's but i think it is aimed more for older people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

can I ask what sort of age group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

We are 25-31 :)

Cheers Guys! I'm gonna pencil these into my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Ruby-J wrote: »
    Cheers Guys! I'm gonna pencil these into my phone!

enjoy the night - you will have a ball. carlow is a good town to go out in

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!!! I'll be sure to visit those places for a drink or two!!!

Appreciate the advice :)

Advertisement