Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duracell 1x9V, 4xAA, 4xAAA

• 13-02-2009 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

two euro each at €2 shops (probably all of them, definitely in Kilkenny - just bought few packs)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

any batteries I ever bought in those shops lasted as long as an episode of family guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

I bought some of these before & they were usless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

it seems that no matter what make of batteries that the €2 shop sells are always crap, & most people say "oh what the hell it was only €2"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭TM

Definitely Duracell (and in date?) and not those totally rubbish Powercell ones that look similar (Duracell style gold and black packaging/covers)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Compushed

I saw these yesterday.

I'm a bit of a battery nerd and these look the genuine article.

Basically they have 3 brands of AA battery.

An 8? pack of zinc carbon, therefore == CRAP
    A 6 pack of HYUNDAI alkaline, they look good
    A 4 pack of DURACELL, they look genuine

I still think 2euro is expensive for a 4 pack of disposable battery, and I doubt the Duracell are 50% higher capacity than the Hyundai (if I could be bothered I have test equipment to verify this). I bought the Hyundai.

AS A RULE OF THUMB: for batteries of the same type, the heavier the battery the better

PS: only use disposable batteries for stuff that rarely requires battery changes, eg clocks. Use rechargeable NIMH batteries for everything else (digital cameras, toy cars etc). You'll save money and they last longer (especially in digital cameras and anything with a motor or screen).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Hyundai Alkaline are OK. I've used them in my portable speaker system when I'm working out, they lasted a good few hours - about the same length as my normal rechargeable (1000mah)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

TM wrote: »
    Definitely Duracell (and in date?) and not those totally rubbish Powercell ones that look similar (Duracell style gold and black packaging/covers)?

yes, definitely Duracell, 9v are good untill 2012 and both AA&AAA - 2014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Got 16AAA energizer batteries for 7.50 in argos.

Advertisement