Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lordi

Options
  • 13-02-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Heading to see them this weekend, looking forward to it after Priest Feast, I think they have pyros and all, should be a good show!

What do people think of them, Monster rocking goodness or Linda Martin lickholes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Would you believe it Nea I was just at the Dublin Metal Events website and saw it advertised. I would have love to have went but next week is a big week in Uni for me. Raging I am. I love them to bits. Saw them in the UK and the stage was awesome. Have a great time. Swedish rockers Fatal Smile will be touring with them at the Button Factory, and indeed their whole European tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I ****ing love Lordi, and I've been waiting for years to see them.
    This nearly slipped by, and I would have never forgiven myself.

Plus, it's only twenty quid!

This is going to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Yeah tickets are a steal.Cant wait, a decent day out for Valentines!!!
    Mr Lordi will be on Podge and Rodge Monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

I missed LORDI????
    bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I really wanted to be there tonight but I'd have no way back to the sticks afterwards :( I missed them in London in 05 too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Was at the 06 gig in Manchester (Academy) and it was brilliant. They are rumoured to be at Download this year. Also in Milan on the 26 March. Have a great one OP. Hope they do more festivals in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Ah ****e, I didn't relalise this was tonight, I thought it was in a week or two. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Good live band

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Really enjoyed the gig last night :)

For some reason Fatal Smile weren't supporting - Two Tales of Woe were, and they were ****. Lordi were pretty damn good though - so many fireworks :D

Anyone else go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Fatal Smile couldnt make it over, so TToW stepped to the plate at the last minute

• Advertisement

A bit ropey and hoarse this morning.
    That was the best 25 squid spent in a long time.

Lordi were savage, loads of fireworks and smoke, very entertaining stage show complete with a firework cake for Mr Lordi's birthday.

Setlist was great, how they fit all themselves plus props on stage I dont know.

Just goes to show if its (supposed to be)down to pyrotechnics keeping Rammstein from playing this country its a load of ****e seeing what Lordi could pull off in the Button Factory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Nea wrote: »
    if its (supposed to be) down to pyrotechnics keeping Rammstein from playing this country its a load of ****e seeing what Lordi could pull off in the Button Factory

No, its not pyrotechnics, its the fact that Rammstein bring chainsaws onto the stage and use equitment banned in most European countries that could endanger audiences lives

No, its not pyrotechnics, its the fact that Rammstein bring chainsaws onto the stage and use equitment banned in most European countries that could endanger audiences lives

That's ridiculous.
    What's your source?

Yeah, great gig though!

I heard Pyros/Flame throwers were the reason Rammstein havent played here even tho some of the band are pyrotechnicians. I believe Till threw a gig as they couldnt use the amount of pyros as they wanted. Then again maybe they wouldnt think there is a big enough fanbase here and just couldnt be arsed.

May report Lidl/Aldi the next time they sell illegal chainsaws in case some emo band try incorporate them into their act!!!

Don't be daft, most people in this forum have seen some band or another using pyros in this country.
    For example....oh, Lordi, last night!

And Rammstein tone down their shows for small venues all the time.

The only sensible reason has to be a lack of fanbase, or reluctance by promotors.

I have seen pyros in this country not to the extent of a Rammstein show.
    Insurance is the issue I think especially since the Great White tragedy.

Anyhow, again great show last night pyros and all.

If insurance was an issue, they could easily drop the pyro for the sake of the show.
    Which I'm sure the fans wouldn't mind.

I sincerely doubht, for common senses sake, that they would fob off a show full of fans just because they aren't allowed use their flame throwers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Not my cup of tea im afraid

Rammstein cancelled a Brixton show over pyros
    http://www.nme.com/news/rammstein/8123.

Mr Lordi looked deadly on Podge and Rodge!

Anyway...thread revival.

What are the opinions on Lordis latest album; 'To Beast Or Not To Beast'?

I have to admit that it is definitely quite different to their previous albums, and I welcome this. Don't get me wrong, I love the other albums too, and their classic, reliable formula but it is really good to see them push the boat out a little this time.

I wonder did Bruce Kulick contribute to the guitars this time again? Also I definitely think that Hella has added her own sound to the mix.

I wasn't wild on 'The Riff' at first but it has grown on me....not just for the bird in the video, and, I'm finding 'Schizo Doll' and 'Candy For The Cannibal' to be my favourite tracks so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Drums and keyboard wise, TBONTB sounds a lot more Scandinavian or Children of Bodom-ish. I wasn't gone on it at first but then songs like I'm The Best kick in with the usual great singalong chorus.

Great band. The recent gig was fantastic. My friends think I'm weird for liking them but if they went to one of their gigs, their opinion would change pretty fast

Drums and keyboard wise, TBONTB sounds a lot more Scandinavian or Children of Bodom-ish. I wasn't gone on it at first but then songs like I'm The Best kick in with the usual great singalong chorus.

Yeah, it maintains the usual, catchy sing-a-long vibe we expect but the drums and keys as you said, give it a new, darker, even heavier element.

Advertisement