Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Former Anti-LCD Luddites?

Options
  • 13-02-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

To this point, I've stuck with my trusty (but chunky) old 19" CRT monitor. But more and more I'm thinking I should join the LCD crowd. But certain issues, such as color accuracy but mainly the whole native resolution issue, still put me off.

Is there anyone who was in this situation but was converted to LCDs? Just wanted any opinions.

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Still miss my Iiyama VisonMaster Pro terribly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I changed a few years ago an will never look back. If you get a good lcd it can eb miles better then any crt ive seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I wouldn't worry about colour or image quality, as long as you get a good LCD of course. The only benefit to a CRT is the refresh rate / no blurring, which is good for gaming. These days LCDs have <2ms refresh though so its not much of a difference.

I'd go with the LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

C? R? T?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Cathode. Ray. Tube.

Or use [sarcasm] tags in future :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I am still using a 24" Sony 16:10 CRT.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-GDM-FW900-Widescreen-Trinitron-Monitor/dp/B00004YNSR

No LCD comes anywhere close to matching it, in any area. The size of the case is not a problem for me.

I run it at 2304x1440 @ 85Htz. It has stunning contrast once it has warmed up (can take up to 2 hours to get to optium image quality). Blu rays look stunning on it, I also have a 40" Sony LCD and watching films like The Dark Knight on the LCD after the CRT is no fun, let me tell ya!

I will not be giving up the CRT until OLED comes out in a similar size.

Advertisement