Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boilers and insulation

Options
  • 13-02-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I have 2 queries;

1. Roughly how much am I looking at to replace a 12 year old gas boiler (approx. 78% efficiency) with a 90%+ effiicient model?

2. Front elevation (north facing) is partially brick, partially rendered block, remainder of house is pebble dash, house is in a severe exposure area, no cavity insulation - 50mm insulated plasterboard drylined.
    I was hoping to fill the cavity with bead insulation but that is not recommended with the spec I have.

I have heard that you could apply a clear water sealer to the brickwork (renew every 5 years) and then fill the cavity and it should be ok - doubt if this would be covered under insulation contractors warranty though.

'Out-sulating' is not really an option I want to consider given the cost and hassle of dealing with window cills etc.

Anyone got any ideas how I can get more insulation into this house.

Advertisement