Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centra robbery

Options
  • 13-02-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Seemingly centra was held up at gunpoint in rush last night!!!

was shocked to here that. Nobody was hurt but still hate hearing that stuff happening around the place.

Whats the story with ggarda presence in rush. i know we have a garda station but do we have a full time presence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Martron wrote: »

was shocked to here that. Nobody was hurt but still hate hearing that stuff happening around the place.

Whats the story with ggarda presence in rush. i know we have a garda station but do we have a full time presence?

How many times is that Centra robbed? That has to be like the 3rd time there's been a raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

seriously?

did not think it was that bad . at gunpoint the other times too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

we are covered by balbriggan which in turn is covered by the northside control. if i was ever in need for the gaurds ied ring balbriggan because ye would get a quicker response time then if ye went trough 999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

we are covered by balbriggan which in turn is covered by the northside control. if i was ever in need for the gaurds ied ring balbriggan because ye would get a quicker response time then if ye went trough 999

That is just so wrong. The quickest way to get the Guards out to ya in an emergency is to dial emergency services 999 or 112. If you dial the Garda station direct you get to speak to people on duty IN the station. So they cannot come to your aid - the best they can do is to contact the emergency services who will send the nearest patrol direct to you.

It is such a myth that you can get a quicker response by contacting a station. You can't. its a waste of your time and the time of those on duty in the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Martron wrote: »
    I was thinking that as I had passed at about 8.20pm and there were several Garda cars outside it.
    It is such a myth that you can get a quicker response by contacting a station. You can't. its a waste of your time and the time of those on duty in the station.
    +100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

yeah it was about 830

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

That is just so wrong. The quickest way to get the Guards out to ya in an emergency is to dial emergency services 999 or 112. If you dial the Garda station direct you get to speak to people on duty IN the station. So they cannot come to your aid - the best they can do is to contact the emergency services who will send the nearest patrol direct to you.

when you ring 999 and ask for the gaurds you get trough to a controler who logs the call and notifys the the controler for the area your in , in my case dma north. if all goes to plan this controler radios the car assigned to the district where the call is needed and in a perfect world this is the quickest way. but if the controler cant raise the car for what ever reason he/she then has to log it via computer to the station to which that car belongs to. the station is then in control of the car and not the main control. if the car is out of range of the main control the voice info has to come from the station, this is the case a lot of the time as the balbriggan cars are out on the fringes of the radio comms.
    if your under attack or in a serious situation by all means ring 999 as ye probably wont have time to get the number of the station thats close to you, but if someone eggs your house or robs your garden furniture i would suggest ringing the local station and leave 999 free for real emergencies

Advertisement