Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making fruit interesting - any ideas?

• 13-02-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I'm new to this section of boards but I'm finding a lot of handy hints here. I'm about three weeks into using unislim units (same as ww points, just a different brand) to try and lose some weight. I've done it before, but gradually slipped back into the old habits :( and then the weight went back on and Christmas was the complete killer.

Anyway, as I sit here eating another bowl of fruit (blueberries, melon, grapes and 2 small oranges) and yoghurt, I'm wondering does anyone have any other ideas for how to make it interesting and different.......oh and filling if possible......and all of this with as little units as possible......I know I'm not looking for much.

So far my ideas are pretty limited to a mixed bowl of fruit with a diet yoghurt thrown on top. I know that in a couple of hours I'm going to be starving.....I just find that fruit doesn't fill me the same way a sandwich would, but the bread had to go. I find the veg much easier to manage - I eat a whole pile of veg with my dinner and feel full, but for some reason the fruit doesn't do it.

Any ideas will be welcome!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

not sure how many units it would add but if you put some honey into the yoghurt its delicious, especially with rasberries

you can just put a tiny bit in if its alot of units cause honey is pretty strong and tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

You may think this is horrible (everyone else does when I eat it)

But fruit doesn't fill me up either so I have a bowl of fruit with some yogurt on top and sprinkle oats and honey on top.

It's the only way I can eat fruit for breakie and not be starving, and I like having something chewie.
    Plus I just use uncooked porridge oats so it's super quick too :D

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Why not try make a smoothie out of them, can also use oats in them too, Will fill you up. Not sure of the points thing tho :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I eat a lot of chopped up fruit with natural yogurt, a teaspoon of honey and some ground nuts.

Low-fat generally means high sugar so going for something like natural yogurt would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

I find that apples are one of the more filling fruits and handy to carry round. Raisins are also a nice way to fill a hole.

But if veg fills you up then eat that instead. Cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, celery etc are all easy to carry to work or out and about. Keep some prepared in your fridge for when you're at home.

I also feel fuller with something 'substantial' inside me, but find that crispbread is a good snack-food with a bit of cottage cheese or extra-light philly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I chop up a cooking apple, add some raisins, a sprinkling of cinnamon and a small splash of water. Microwave on high for a few minutes. Add sweetener and top with natural yogurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Thank you all for the ideas. I will certainly try these out.

Advertisement