Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best games...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Icon_Slave

best game ever - Gears of War
    best racing game - GRID
    best shooter - CoD 4
    My best is Dead Rising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

markfla wrote: »
    mass effect, dead space, fable 2, fallout 3, orange box, bioshock get my non xbox live vote
    the next tom clancy game HAWX looks like a bit of craic too, although I think the brand is over leveraged

Tom Clancy is a writer its not really a brand. Clear and Present danger, Patriot games, the Hunt for Red October, All Tom Clancy screenplays.

Ubisoft thought using someone like Tom Clancy would give the games a realistic feel to them.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002007/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a brand now. Ubisoft have bought the rights to use his name without his involvment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Check out Pure as well, good fun quad bike racing game :)

Oh and Burnout Paradise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

All of the above and then some good old fashioned table tennis by rockstar games. It's really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

All of the above and then some good old fashioned table tennis by rockstar games. It's really good.
    Many an hour spent playing this, eyes bleeding and knuckles cracking from the intensity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

For single player enjoyment having played the lions share of games mentioned here I would definitely recommend

Mass Effect
    Dead Space
    Bioshock
    F.E.A.R 2 for some great action and scares
    Orange Box
    Dead Rising

I'll also highly recommend Mirrors Edge. It's the only game in recent time that really grabbed my attention and had me playing back through the timetrials again and again. Plenty of life in it if you're a man who likes to challenge himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

GRAW 1 AND 2 are great,you can play GRAW multiplayer maps against bots,theres also xbox 1 games eg timesplitters 1,2,3 they have great ai bots, you can download xbox compatiblity update to a cdr disk from xbox.com from any pc.Like ts you can play many games in split screen mode,or player 1 vs player 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Tom Clancy is a writer its not really a brand. Clear and Present danger, Patriot games, the Hunt for Red October, All Tom Clancy screenplays.

Ubisoft thought using someone like Tom Clancy would give the games a realistic feel to them.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002007/

As was mentioned it's a brand now. Plus the more recent Tom Clancy books (beyond 04) aren't even written by him.

Resident Evil 5, Skate 2 and all the ones mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

COD5,Gears of war 2,Fifa 09,Oblivion(very attictive),battlefield bad company,Halo3,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Ubisoft have to ask Tom clancy before he will let them use his name. For instance he wasnt happy with Sam Fishers tri-googles in Splinter cell. In real life having such devices would be impracticale but ubisoft convinced him to allow it. Generally if a game has his name you can be sure it has a realistic elements to it with a semi realisitic setting.

They don't anymore, they signed a deal with him last year to use his name without getting his permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 I AM A BANANA

A good shooter is the new battlefield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

FEAR & Bioshock - must haves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

rockband
    halo 3
    gears 2
    lost odyssey
    cod 4
    bioshock
    pgr 4