Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paragliding courses

Options
  • 13-02-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys

Can any one advise on paragliding courses???? Midland paragliding or paraglide adventure Ireland???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

http://www.midlandparagliding.com/

Heres the website, been looking at it myself! but am broke:(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leebee77

yeah its no cheap but be worth it id say! I wonder which is the better/most reputable of the two companies..not much in price between them and the location not an issue so dont know how to choose...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leebee77

anyone out there to help me pleeease??! Wanna get it booked while i have a wee bit of money, cause its rare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Inney meeny miney moh!! Midlands....there you go, sorted :D Let us all know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I'm also very interested in this. I think the adventure Ireland site looks better but I dunno.
    The midland one says:
    "To fly legally you must apply to the IAA for an exemption after you have completed your training at a school that is registered by the authority. ( We are the only school in Ireland at present that has authority to instruct students in this activity)"
    Does this mean that the adventure place doesn't leave you with a legal qualification?

I'm well up for doing this but maybe april/may. Plus I'm pushing on the max weight limit of 120kg I was 117kg a few months ago but would imagine I'm down a bit since. I'm not fat I'm just big boned and tall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement