Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spayed cat in heat

Options
  • 13-02-2009 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

i have an 18month old spayed cat a few weeks ago she nwas in heat i brought her to the vet who took her out of heat she said it was unusual for a cat to go into heat once it is spayed she said they maybe some tissue left that she removed the womb and ovaries but there could be tissue left but it may be hard to find because it could be anywhere in her body,is this possible or was is a botched job as the cat's in heat again for the second time within a few weeks,has anyone any experience this before,Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It is possible and you should ask your vet for a dagnostic test called "Ovarian Remnant Detection"! Its not common but you should say this to your vet and they should test free of charge if their mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

if i bring the cat back out to the vet how will i know if they are at fault because i doubt they will admit it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

clearz wrote: »
    she said they maybe some tissue left that she removed the womb and ovaries but there could be tissue left
    Say this to the vet. If theyve admitted that theres a possibility of some tissue left its their responsibility and not yours to ensure this is corrected. You paid for a full spay not a half one. In my opinion they should correct their mistakes as this is only caused by vet error during the operation. If you pay for anything to be done correctly eg. car service you wouldnt expect to come out with leaking oil would you, this is no different. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

i hope there isnt any tissue left as a neighbour of mine many years ago had her cat speyed and she came on heat and had three kittens.They took her back to the vet and the vet said he must have left some tissue behind .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Did the vet correct the problem for free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

sorry for going a little off-track.... How does a vet take a cat "out of Heat?" injection of some sort?

Advertisement