Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign Language courses

Options
  • 13-02-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I should go in LK to find out about a sign language course ?

Cheers,
    PK...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

think the VEC run night courses, but i think they mainly start in Oct. But there is a Deaf Acco on Justic Walsh Road (road down by the court house) its on the right on your way down, its in the basement of a block of flats. Its the block of flats that are out on their own, think its painted pink. if i am passing by i will see if there is a number you can ring

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

What GoldenGreen said! The office he/she is on about is called DeafHear.ie, their email address is letterkenny[at]deafhear.ie.

I'm currently in college, studying to be an ISL (Irish Sign Language) teacher. I'm also the Chairperson of Donegal Deaf Club so I'm always receiving emails about information on ISL classes. Hopefully once I graduate I can set up sign classes in Donegal and the Northwest region.

I think I'm gonna find out where exactly are the ISL classes and put them up on the DDC website to make it more easier to search also to get us up in the search on Google!

If you want any more info, feel free to PM me. Always nice to see people interested in ISL. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

http://www.deafhear.ie/pages/1_10_1_1.html

Scroll down to the Northwest Region. It shows a pic of the building there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

I am nearly sure I saw classes advertised in one of the local papers last week. Think it was CDL or something like that, I think they are a community based organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EdXD

Hi,
    Are the sign language courses still on in LK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

Hi EdXD,

Contact deafhear on the High Road. The more that register their interest in starting an ISL level 1 course the better. The VEC will not entertain deafhears proposal to start a course until there is enough demand.

Hopefully they will get a course going. Very interested in participating myself.

Best of luck,

SMcDDB

Advertisement