Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP Password Question

• 13-02-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Basically I need to lookup the password for my home wifi on my computer but i don't have it saved anywhere..

I can log onto the network so it must be somewhere on my system right?

Any ideas how i can retrieve the password?

For the sake of a long rant assume i don't have access to the router physically

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I take it that you are looking for the wireless encryption key. Log on to the webinterface of your router/dsl-modem. Under Wifi or Wireless it will display it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It might not. Not all do. It may look like ************************ is your password.

There is a utility to dump the keys on your OWN PC into a text file.

wzcook.exe

It works only with keys on your own PC stored via Windows Zero Configuration WiFi tool. So it only works on the PC that ALREADY successfully connects.

Neither of my routers actually display the key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

watty wrote: »
    Neither of my routers actually display the
    key.

That differs from maker and model to maker and model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Just reset the router back to factory default settings and set up the wireless again.

I am assuming you do have access to the router?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you are playing around with passwords on the router best to connect to it with a network cable so you aren't locked out

• Advertisement
Advertisement