Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charger/9.6 battery

Options
  • 13-02-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could recommend a decent (but not too expensive) charger and a 9.6 battery for an M4 Dboys??

Also, could someone explain what the difference and the ad/disadvantages of Hi/Mid/Low Caps please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could recommend a decent (but not too expensive) charger and a 9.6 battery for an M4 Dboys??

Also, could someone explain what the difference and the ad/disadvantages of Hi/Mid/Low Caps please?

A firefox battery should be okay if you can get it to fit inside the gun. Keep in mind, you should look for a high 'mah' number, it means the battery will work for longer. I don't know much about chargers.

Hicaps are good for carrying lots of ammo (300 give or take) like a bb hose, you can load them easy but you have to wind them up and they rattle.
    Mids carry less bb's about (90/100), they have to be loaded using a seedloader or such and don't rattle.
    Lo's are like mids but hold as many bb's as the RS holds bullets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Cheers Seamus thanks for the info. Would a higher volt battery place more pressure on the gearbox?

Anyone any ideas on a reasonable priced charger as the lad I bought this off suggested I get a decent charger for it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Cheers Seamus thanks for the info. Would a higher volt battery place more pressure on the gearbox?

Anyone any ideas on a reasonable priced charger as the lad I bought this off suggested I get a decent charger for it???

Yes it would put more stress on the gearbox.

As for a charger it depends what your definition of reasonable price is.

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=218&category_id=12&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

That is the first charger I have ever bought and probably will ever need to buy. Its a great little thing as you don't have to calculate how many hours you should leave your battery charging. You just plug it in, hook up the battery, set the mode (fast/slow/discharge) and it does all the work.

Cheers Dread Lock, thanks for the help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

If your looking for a good battery get either this for a crane stock or this for a front battery. Both are 9.6v and can come in 8.4v also. They have a brilliant service and their shipping is quick.
    As for a charger, I bought one for €25 off 'The shop that cannot be named'. Send me a pm and i will send you the link if you want. It is a fast charger but you will need to buy a mini type adapter with that charger though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i prefere the ASG batteries iv had a few firefox and i found that after a while they stopped holding their charge:(

also dboys use xty (or something along them lines:D) gears which are reliable and can hand a 9.6 no problem but if it has nylon bushings they will wear down much faster with the bigger battery so if you could change them for bearings.

Wow guys, thanks for all the help, its really appreciated.

Mini, any chance you could send me that link, thanks.

Peter, any chance you'ed have a link for the ASG batteries, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Wow guys, thanks for all the help, its really appreciated.

Mini, any chance you could send me that link, thanks.

Peter, any chance you'ed have a link for the ASG batteries, thanks

i dont have a link but the 'shop that shall not be mentioned here' and as far as i know eirsoft sell them (dont think tony has them on his website though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Cheers Dread Lock, thanks for the help:)

No problem!

Thanks again guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement