Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Vs Cider

• 13-02-2009 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I'm trying to reduce my calorie intake so as to lose a few pound's so any kind of alcohol is a big no no, the only problem is that I'm going on a stag this weekend. Now i know i should just stay off the beer but this really isn't an option in this case. What should i drink? i know beer has massive calories, is cider any better? what other alternatives are there out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Cider is actually worse AFAIK. Wine or vodka and tonic would be my (non-manly) suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

Hi I was also wondering the same.
    Im on a diet but Im in college and go out at least once or twice a week.
    When looking at what to drink should i look on Calories ??

Bulmers light only has 29 Calories!!
    I usually have Vodka & Deit 7up When I Go Out... How bad would that be???

Ps.Sorry For hijacking the thread:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

drink jamison,a bottle of whisky
    has way less calories than drinkin about 20 beers and leaves u less bloated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Depends on the cider (and the beer). Many ciders are 6% and bone dry, i.e. almost all sugar is fermented out. These have more calories than a 4.3% beer, but can have less calories per unit alcohol. So you might drink less to get to the same level of drunkeness, so overall your calorie intake could be lower.

Bulmers is loaded with sugar and quite low in % for a cider.

Unsweetened spirits and diet mixers are the best bet, your calories are only coming from the actual alcohol. Also the sweeteners increase your absorption rate so you get drunk on less, so less calories again.

Advertisement