Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Remember Dave Mustaine Doing This?

• 13-02-2009 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

If you have never seen it before I must bring your attention to it. Although it is extremely well done and quite funny.
    Ive retracted my previous statement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yep. I thought it was brilliant myself. Definitely not selling out as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Gotta agree with KH here. Thought it was class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Lol, if you wanna play the selling out card, then you're about 20 years too late. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Haha, oh yeah seen that many's a time!! Thought it was hilarious, and still think it's hilarious!! I even have it on my iTunes/iPhone (and one of the top watched)!

I'd hardly call that selling out... How do you figure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Put simply, Dave Mustaine is a tit and selling out is exactly what he does.

Lets not forget this abortion

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

selling out is exactly what he does.

Explain how he sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

TBH all that matters is that Marvin The Martian was in it

rovert wrote: »
    Explain how he sold out?

Using his popularity from being in a heavy metal band to allow him to appear on a tv show and make money from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Using his popularity from being in a heavy metal band to allow him to appear on a tv show and make money from it.

What is he selling??

Did anyone that appeared on Sesame Street sell out?

What the hell are you on about?

A band in my eyes loses credability when members start turning up in cartoons. Its like rappers launching womens purfume and clothing lines. Stick to what you know ffs, be a band not a f*ckin company.

• Advertisement

Is one of the reasons the majority choose a line in the entertainment industry not so that they can continue to live the life they choose rather than the one that is thrust upon them by society??

If they have the opportunity to meet their heroes why shouldn't they? And if their hero is Daffy Duck who are we to judge?

I am only vaguely aware of who Dave Mustaine is but I doubt very much the guy got paid a fortune to appear in a Looney Tunes cartoon.

A door is opened to realize all your dreams and if Mustaines dream was to hang out with Porky fcuking Pig it really isn't the same as Judas selling Jesus...

Selling out is only a concept...if you apply it to all realms of life then you sold out when you bought into this corporate boards sh1t...you lost your indie cred because you agreed to the terms of a profit making organization.

But you like to post here....and Dave Mustaine likes hanging out with a narcisistic suicidal bunny.............

......it all makes the world go round.

......Iggy Pop though....thats another story.

that's what I am fcuking talking about.

Is one of the reasons the majority choose a line in the entertainment industry not so that they can continue to live the life they choose rather than the one that is thrust upon them by society??

They want to be in a band and work really hard to learn the instrument and join a band. When your band become popular it dosnt mean you are also an actor or a comedian or a fashion designer. Stick to what you know. I loose respect for Dave when I see this sh1t, I loose respect for ozzy when i see him in a reality show and i loose a bit of respect for Zakk wylde when i see him pretending to give a sh1t about some kid wearing a BLS jacket that was given to some roadie of ozzies in that metal version of 'making the band' that ozzy did.
    I prefer when bands like tool, pearl jam etc keep the mistique going and dont let you into their privite live to have a rummage around.
    If they have the opportunity to meet their heroes why shouldn't they? And if their hero is Daffy Duck who are we to judge?

I doubt very much is Mustaines idol is a cartoon duck, Donald trump is a more likely candidate.
    I am only vaguely aware of who Dave Mustaine is but I doubt very much the guy got paid a fortune to appear in a Looney Tunes cartoon.

Dave mustaine is the zig zagging individual who is the front man of megadeth. He publicly disses dimebag one minute then praises him after his death, drops jackson gear for dean for financial gain, and feels the metal world should be kissing his feet because he created it all.
    A door is opened to realize all your dreams and if Mustaines dream was to hang out with Porky fcuking Pig it really isn't the same as Judas selling Jesus...

Why do you talk?
    Selling out is only a concept...if you apply it to all realms of life then you sold out when you bought into this corporate boards sh1t...you lost you indie cred because you agreed to the terms of a profit making organization.

Seriously. Why do you talk?
    But you like to post here....and Dave Mustaine likes hanging out with a narcisistic suicidal bunny.............

Seriously man, I dont get it. Why do you talk?
    ......it all makes the world go round.

......Iggy Pop though....thats another story.

that's what I am fcuking talking about.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

They want to be in a band and work really hard to learn the instrument and join a band. When your band become popular it dosnt mean you are also an actor or a comedian or a fashion designer. Stick to what you know. I loose respect for Dave when I see this sh1t, I loose respect for ozzy when i see him in a reality show and i loose a bit of respect for Zakk wylde when i see him pretending to give a sh1t about some kid wearing a BLS jacket that was given to some roadie of ozzies in that metal version of 'making the band' that ozzy did.
    I prefer when bands like tool, pearl jam etc keep the mistique going and dont let you into their privite live to have a rummage around.

I doubt very much is Mustaines idol is a cartoon duck, Donald trump is a more likely candidate.

Dave mustaine is the zig zagging individual who is the front man of megadeth. He publicly disses dimebag one minute then praises him after his death, drops jackson gear for dean for financial gain, and feels the metal world should be kissing his feet because he created it all.

Why do you talk?

Seriously. Why do you talk?

Seriously man, I dont get it. Why do you talk?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Ok....you spelt mystique wrong.....you are attacking me instead of the issue....and your argument is fatally flawed.

Sleep on it and get back to me.

I completely respect your morals about purity of origin and so on.....but as you get older you realize it is bullsh1t......I am your number one pearl jam fan........why have they released 4 dvds and 6 bazillion live albums in the last few years??........for the fans?? fcuk that......it's for the nest egg. and if you don't know it now...you will.

You have the electrictiy of a musician who truly belives your time will come....and I hope it happens for you.....but if it doesn't.....you will find yourself.....in time.....agreeing with the point I made..

If you don't though, don't make your retort personal, it would be poor form and beneath you.

I don't understand the "why do you talk" thing...I imagine it's an insult from some teen tv show I don't watch but I think the above should give you some clarity.

Oh and PS...Man U are sh1t.

Ok....you spelt mystique wrong.....you are attacking me instead of the issue....and your argument is fatally flawed.

How is my argument flawed?
    I dont think i attacked you there tbh, care to elaborate?
    Hmmmm, I dont think spelling is the issue at hand either.
    Sleep on it and get back to me.

I completely respect your morals about purity of origin and so on.....but as you get older you realize it is bullsh1t......I am your number one pearl jam fan........why have they released 4 dvds and 6 bazillion live albums in the last few years??........for the fans?? fcuk that......it's for the nest egg. and if you don't know it now...you will.

Im all for artists making money from their music, why do it other wise. What I dont like is artists doing reality shows and appearing in cartoons etc as i feel it tarnishes their reputation.
    You have the electrictiy of a musician who truly belives your time will come....and I hope it happens for you.....but if it doesn't.....you will find yourself.....in time.....agreeing with the point I made..

If you don't though, don't make your retort personal, it would be poor form and beneath you.

You seem to think I am attacking you personally. I dont underdatnd why?
    You are the one telling me to 'sleep on it', saying that I will realise your outlook when im older and saying that my team are sh1t.

What the hell are you on about?

A band in my eyes loses credability when members start turning up in cartoons. Its like rappers launching womens purfume and clothing lines. Stick to what you know ffs, be a band not a f*ckin company.

Selling out.
    Hrm, here's a reality check for you, the second any band signs a record contract and receives an advance to record an album, they're in business.

The band (or artist) then must do everything they can to promote themselves, their album and their tour.

Over time music changes, and all of a sudden, radio and TV are no longer interested in promoting your product.

That's not Mustaine selling out, pal, that's promoting any way you can. Also known as survival. Which is why Mustaine and Megadeth are still going.

Maybe try being in a remotely successful band, because everyone and anyone can be an armchair journalist. :)
    Oh, and just for the record, what's "purfume"?

ShawnRaven wrote: »

Over time music changes, and all of a sudden, radio and TV are no longer interested in promoting your product.

The cartoon was on tv :)
    Oh, and just for the record, what's "purfume"?

Is that really necessary?

I think we need to come up with a common definition of 'selling out' because your interpretation is alot different to mine.

The cartoon was on tv :)

Yes, because their music videos weren't.

Is that really necessary?

I could ask the same about some of your logic in previous posts.
    I think we need to come up with a common definition of 'selling out' because your interpretation is alot different to mine.

Yeah, apparently so!! As the line is apparently not that thin between doing anything and everything for publicity (something Mustaine hasn't proven to me), and getting a little exposure to the mainstream for your band.

Yes, because their music videos weren't.

Yes they were

I could ask the same about some of your logic in previous posts.
    What has a spelling mistake got to do with the current topic? You just saw the other poster correcting a spelling mistake and decided to jump on the band wagon.

Yeah, apparently so!! As the line is apparently not that thin between doing anything and everything for publicity (something Mustaine hasn't proven to me), and getting a little exposure to the mainstream for your band.

I just think that if a fan is wearing a megadeth tshirt that he has invested in that band. Said tshirt will usually have skulls etc on which contribute to a certain reputation which the band are putting out there for people. Now when the fan who bought into the skulls etc sees Dave in a childs cartoon he might feel abit embarrassed imo.
    Thus my logic is that Dave turned his back on and embarrassed the fans to get some extra cash for being in a cartoon. Thus he sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I just think that if a fan is wearing a megadeth tshirt that he has invested in that band. Said tshirt will usually have skulls etc on which contribute to a certain reputation which the band are putting out there for people. Now when the fan who bought into the skulls etc sees Dave in a childs cartoon he might feel abit embarrassed imo.
    Thus my logic is that Dave turned his back on and embarrassed the fans to get some extra cash for being in a cartoon. Thus he sold out.

Turned his back on the fans and embarrassed himself? Come up out of it. I think it just shows he has a bit of sense of humour about himself.

Yes they were

Not over here they weren't, at least nothing after the Risk album, and that was ten years ago!
    What has a spelling mistake got to do with the current topic? You just saw the other poster correcting a spelling mistake and decided to jump on the band wagon.

Sure, because i don't have a mind of my own at all. How old are you exactly?!

Actually i don't see it that way at all. It's no different than a bands videos being shown on MTV for the first time despite the band being going five years earlier. Did Metallica sell out when they did the video for One? I don't think so, that's band promotion, that's album promotion. Now if media aren't promoting your album, you have to do it yourself through any possible means.

Did Trent Reznor sell out for doing the Quake soundtrack in 1996? Of course not, there was nothing going on musically with him, and it also encouraged people who may not have heard of their music before the game to go out and buy albums.

Also, bear in mind that a lot of adults (especially those who have kids), tend to watch "childs cartoons", so they'll obviously pick up on it too. That's not selling out at all, that's another avenue for revenue.

Because music is a business, and wait for it... wait for it... it's there.
    People go into business to make... you guessed it! Money! :D

• Advertisement

Name me an ideal Dave himself projected which he compromised by doing this? It has been a while since I looked at the lyrics sheet for Killing is My Business but I don’t remember him decrying Duck Rogers. I also don’t think he did this to make money either as a cameo in a minor cartoon couldnt pay for a flight on an international tour most likely which kind shoots down the premise of your argument doesn’t it.

brendansmith your thought process in this thread is at best naive and at worst delusional.

I hate to say it, christ, I hate to say it. But rovert is right.

That last sentence was everything I pretty much wanted to say to sum it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

.......be a band not a f*ckin company.

being in a band is also a "job". Megadeth, I'm sure. behind the scenes have roadies, sound techs, etc. All working for Megadeth at a particular time, all obviously get paid. If a tour isn't making money for Megadeth, I'm sure they won't tour, like any other business. It's music BUSINESS.

Why would Megadeth bother having a website, an online shop, or a merchandise stand at their gigs? To make money, as does every other band on the planet. I think you're seeing this heavy metal lifestyle through rose tinted glasses.
    So, why shouldn't Mustaine accept a Dean endorsement over Jackson if they offered him more money? What's wrong with that? If someone offered me a better paying job, I'd take it, or a better model of car to drive if it was worth my while...
    It's his *job*.
    Did Jerry Cantrell get stick for appearing in Jerry Maguire. Do actors get stick for appearing in music videos? Do sports stars get stick for making cameos in movies? And so on....

Are (rock) musicians not allowed to appear in tv shows? Does it mean selling out? Maybe Mustaine is a fan? Maybe not. Who cares?

It keeps Megadeth in the picture at least. It's not like he went on tv saying "buy coca cola! buy coca cola!" Or did a duet with Beyonce....

This is what turns me off metal sometimes. The attitude of "You HAVE to do this or you CAN'T do that. You HAVE to look like this, or you CAN'T wear that of listen to xyz".

seachto7 wrote: »
    This is what turns me off metal sometimes. The attitude of "You HAVE to do this or you CAN'T do that. You HAVE to look like this, or you CAN'T wear that of listen to xyz".

Then on the other hand the genre of music is about breaking the rules as well. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I don't see how appearing on cartoons is selling out. Jumping on the bandwagon and sounding like the next big thing is most definitely selling out but as long the art isn't compromised by the business end of things its irrelevant. Although I would lose respect for someone selling car insurance. Hell I'd sell out for 20 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

personally i dont understand all this selling out chat..i am into all kinds of music though prefer metal music and megadeth are one of my favourite bands and are great live and have bought their merchandise at the stands etc..what is the point of being in a band if not to make money..any of us in a position to make a few quid would jump at it fail to see how it is selling out..every band promotes their band any way they can to get their music across to all cross sections of ages...i was at the testament,megadeth and judas priest concert in O2 arena and there were 8-10 year old fans and people who looked in their 50's..so therefore they will put themselves in cartoons etc to promote the band, music etc and why not make a few extra quid while doint it...

We all know Dave Mustaine has no sense of humour. Hes a tool. I am obviously part of the minority here who thinks he has sold out but I think calling someone delusional is abit much.

I am trying to ague my case and some people on here have hizzy fits and start correcting spelling mistakes and personally attacking me. Im pretty sure thats against the charter so ill leave ye to it.

Look, he sold out. End of!

I cant compete with this logic.

I cant compete with this logic.

Dont even try man. Its the logic of the gods and it will see us all to our graves with a grin on its face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Then on the other hand the genre of music is about breaking the rules as well. :P

is it really though.....:confused:

Advertisement