Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Remember Dave Mustaine Doing This?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

brendansmith.

Just curious as to other bands you think have "sold out"?
    Do you think a band would be "selling out" by letting their music appear on guitar hero or on computer games or tv shows or films?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

seachto7 wrote: »
    brendansmith.

Just curious as to other bands you think have "sold out"?
    Do you think a band would be "selling out" by letting their music appear on guitar hero or on computer games or tv shows or films?

I didnt say anything about promotion of music. A band has to promote its music.

I am not a fool. I realise this, but i feel Dave mustaine went abit far. I also dont like him and think he is a t1t.

If you don't like him, then you are going to have a negative slant on anything he does, and what he did do could be just another way to promote his music..
    peace.

So you agree that he sold out then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

No. I don't think he sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I agree with brendan solely on the fact that mustaine is a big bollix :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I am trying to ague my case and some people on here have hizzy fits and start correcting spelling mistakes and personally attacking me. Im pretty sure thats against the charter so ill leave ye to it.

Oooh Mr Smith has been outed and is struggling to accept that he's in the minority.

The fact of the matter is, your definition of selling out is somewhat skewed. Apparently promoting yourself via other means other than posters and album promos is "selling out".

If he was doing cheesy adverts, or reality shows, i'd agree with you.
    But a 1 minute clip on a cartoon show does not prove this I'm afraid. But you will probably look back at your posts five years from now and want to put yourself on the shelf for it.

Until then, enjoy living in your own ignorance. I respect your opinion, but i can't in good conscience agree with it. Obviously I'm not the only one.

I agree with brendan solely on the fact that mustaine is a big bollix :)

Yeah, but Lars Ulrich is a little prick, and he's still worse than Mustaine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I can't deny that, I'd rather eat my own eyeballs than listen to either of them.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Until then, enjoy living in your own ignorance. I respect your opinion

Are you actually serious?

That is a complete joke.

• Advertisement

Are you actually serious?

That is a complete joke.

Why wouldn't I be, Mr Smith? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and all that.
    Just because I don't agree with your beliefs doesn't mean I don't understand and respect them.

You cannot defend that!!!

You have said: Your opinion is ignorant, I respect it!

HAHAHA, you are quite the mystery Mr Raven :rolleyes:

You cannot defend that!!!

You have said: Your opinion is ignorant, I respect it!

HAHAHA, you are quite the mystery Mr Raven :rolleyes:

Actually I can, i accept that some people can choose to live ignorant.
    As i said, i can respect it without agreeing with it.

Now you could argue for arguments sake, or we could let this one lie.
    Up to you, m'man.

Actually I can, i accept that some people can choose to live ignorant.

Tbh i would consider making a statement at the beginning of a thread and then attacking a person who agrees with the statement to be a perfect display of ignorance. :D:D:D

Lol, if you wanna play the selling out card, then you're about 20 years too late. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I am not a fool. I realise this, but i feel Dave mustaine went abit far.

Despite having no logical explaination as to how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Im all for artists making money from their music, why do it other wise.

This is the crux of it. Why do it other wise, well maybe Musicians just like playing music. If you do it for money, you sold out from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

To be honest anyone who has ever been in a band will know what it takes to get known, you don't spend weeks/months writing and perfecting your sound for nobody to hear it or to play to empty crowds. you want people to listen and enjoy it and promoting yourself is the only way, just like football teams do, it's tougher all the time with so many bands competing and their all after the same thing...a record deal which as said advance you money to record a full album and release it if that's selling out then everyone is a sellout. and most people who say sell out don't know what their talking about and have never played in bands.

what about someone who wants their job to be making original music and touring, that they are into music so much, that's what they want to do for a living. How are they supposed to fund that, on fresh air?

Tbh i would consider making a statement at the beginning of a thread and then attacking a person who agrees with the statement to be a perfect display of ignorance. :D:D:D

Mustaine did sell out years ago, but not by appearing on a cartoon.

Selling out.
    Hrm, here's a reality check for you, the second any band signs a record contract and receives an advance to record an album, they're in business.

The band (or artist) then must do everything they can to promote themselves, their album and their tour.

Over time music changes, and all of a sudden, radio and TV are no longer interested in promoting your product.

That's not Mustaine selling out, pal, that's promoting any way you can. Also known as survival. Which is why Mustaine and Megadeth are still going.

Maybe try being in a remotely successful band, because everyone and anyone can be an armchair journalist. :)
    Oh, and just for the record, what's "purfume"?
    Mustaine did sell out years ago, but not by appearing on a cartoon.

Im sick of arguing with you Shawn, you cant seem to hold an opinion for 2 minutes.

*Unsubscribes

• Advertisement

Im sick of arguing with you Shawn, you cant seem to hold an opinion for 2 minutes.

Oh come on now :eek: :p

*Unsubscribes

Oy! Who's gonna clean up the toys you just threw out of the pram?
    My point always stood. I said Mustaine sold out long before he did a cartoon, I also said that appearing on a cartoon wouldn't constitute as selling out.

To me, selling out basically means taking a large cash advance from big record companies to make your albums and using the leftover cash for overindulgance.

And every band is pretty much guilty of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

We all know Dave Mustaine has no sense of humour. Hes a tool. I am obviously part of the minority here who thinks he has sold out but I think calling someone delusional is abit much.

I am trying to ague my case and some people on here have hizzy fits and start correcting spelling mistakes and personally attacking me. Im pretty sure thats against the charter so ill leave ye to it.

I think I might be slightly responsible for some of the above remarks.

You are right, I didn't even do a spell check so I might have been incorrect myself.

The Man U are sh1te remark was meant as an off topic light hearted heat softener. It didn't work, and Man U aren't sh1te. They are probably going to win everything this year.

The point I tried to make is that the Mustaine fella appearing in a cartoon is not selling out as he most likely wasn't paid to appear in it, rather it was an opportunity for him to do something he wanted to. Like having a guitar shaped pool or having sex with Paris Hilton....one of the perks of being famous (or having a large penis).

Or like all the famous musicians you like that have been in the Simpsons.

I have twigged though,clearly,that you don't like Dave Mustaine...which of course will magnify your opinion of the guy.....I don't give two horses balls about him so I just see it for what it is.

I could be wrong though.

The important thing is I am apologising for the Man U and spelling remarks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I don't think this has been posted yet.

Has Dave Mustaine Sold out???????

Check this out and i dare ya to say No

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/The-Official-Megadeth-Store__W0QQ_armrsZ1

The guy has his own official store on EBAY and sells his autographed shiit :eek::eek::eek: (obviously not the faecaes shiit)

scudzilla wrote: »
    I don't think this has been posted yet.

Has Dave Mustaine Sold out???????

Check this out and i dare ya to say No

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/The-Official-Megadeth-Store__W0QQ_armrsZ1

The guy has his own official store on EBAY and sells his autographed shiit :eek::eek::eek: (obviously not the faecaes shiit)

Explain how this is selling out extactly w/ logic plse thx bye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Not this ****e again about artists "selling out" etc. Frankly who gives a steaming damn? Should it affect your enjoyment of their music the day they "sell out" ? Will it dramatically change what you loved musically to something you hate overnight?

Not this ****e again about artists "selling out" etc. Frankly who gives a steaming damn? Should it affect your enjoyment of their music the day they "sell out" ? Will it dramatically change what you loved musically to something you hate overnight?

It shouldn't unless the music changes drastically in order to justify it, and i don't believe Megadeth fall into that category.

Now Chris Cornell... that's a whole other story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Amusing discussion, enjoyed the cartoon at the start, surely selling out would be changing their music to a more populist style ala Metallica? I could buy that as selling out then appearing on a kids tv cartoon. If he appears on a judge on American idol or starts duets with Brittany then he's on that rocky sell out road.

PS Mustaine is probably loaded anyway so it's a bit of a mute point.

Advertisement