Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question people!!

Options
  • 13-02-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I put a deposit off a house(renting) the other day,now have been to view the house last week and i stressed to the landlord that i couldnt move in till the 28th-he wanted me to move straight away,but since i only get paid at months end it would have been really messy.
    So he seemed to be ok with it but wanted a deposit and months rent straight away to hold the house for me.So i wrote a cheque the other day and dropped it over to him and said right well ill be moving in on the 28th and he says well im going to put you down as been in from today-i was a bit taken aback-im not great at standing up for myself,so when he seen my face drop he just said ah dont worry well work something out.
    He didnt give me any keys,i didnt sign the lease,now ive been to his house so dont think hes going to do a runner.can he charge me rent from now even though im not even living there yet???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

did you not ask him what he meant by "we'll work something out"

ring him and ask him to clarify the current situation.

Advertisement