Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Wrestlemania do you think was the best setting?

• 13-02-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Which Wrestlemania do you think was the best setting?
    got to go with wm 3 for me because with over 93,000 wwe fans it must have bane crazy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A much disputed 93000.

MSG is the best venue. It is compact and WWEs home in North America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MSG as it means so much

Ford Field as it was the first one I attended and it was a gigantic arena that the cameras didnt do justice to on the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Austin 3:16

I did like Wrestlemania 9 at Ceasers Palance, the whole thing was so bad it was good. 17 in Houston was a stand out for me, lots good matches, a great atmosphere and a great twist at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I did like Wrestlemania 9 at Ceasers Palance, the whole thing was so bad it was good.

thats no longer there now, a huge tower and pool area now sit on the site of WM9, so i suppose that venue has more history than most wrestling fans realise :)
    gimmick wrote:
    A much disputed 93000.

MSG is the best venue. It is compact and WWEs home in North America.

much disputed by meltzer or not it still blew MSG out of the water from a tv standpoint

6frt60.jpg

wm3-711.JPG

msg is a meh venue for me (been there for 3 wwe shows), horrible security staff, many sections with poor lines of sight, at least its easy to get a taxi after more than can be said of the all-state in chicago or the meadowlands in new jersey

citrus bowl in orlando came across as awesome on tv, in person the reality was so different :(

skydome in toronto is an amazing venue, wasn't there for mania but was there for a tour a few years ago, its setting is perfect, near the lakeshore, next to the jaw-dropping 1850ft cn tower in downtown toronto, retractable roof too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

citrus bowl in orlando came across as awesome on tv, in person the reality was so different

Very true, the arena looked great when it was dark and the lights were on but in the daytime the place is a kip, lost count of how many puddles of water I had to step over on the way in and it was really run down, in a crappy neighbourhood too the barman in the Marriott by the other arena couldnt believe we walked back from the citrus bowl, even with all the buses and other fans lining the roads it was still a dangerous place to be

• Advertisement

i had forgotten about the location (how i managed that :eek:)

we got a bus through there on the friday, it is ghetto central, bars on the windows are a nice touch, i really cannot believe wwe choose citrus bowl for a mania, truly incredible, we walked back into town after the show too but there was 8 of us so i felt safe enough with the other fans but there was people smoking crack on the street just past the citrus bowl, no chance i would have walked that without the tonnes of wrestling fans. orlando city did their best by putting on free buses to and from the arena but with 75,000 fans trying to fight their way onto a few buses after the show, we didn't even bother

the venue itself was falling down, wwe did a fantastic job to make it look good on tv

WrestleMania X-Seven for me.

From the Titantron to the ring aprons, the whole arena looked so crisp and and extravagant. The matches were excellent and the crowd was really into it.

Even just the little touches like the spotlights amongst the crowd during matches. It was just brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

WrestleMania X-Seven for me.

From the Titantron to the ring aprons, the whole arena looked so crisp and and extravagant. The matches were excellent and the crowd was really into it.

Even just the little touches like the spotlights amongst the crowd during matches. It was just brilliant.

The lyrics of your sig arent right..They are way off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rossie1977 wrote: »

6frt60.jpg

wm3-711.JPG

i never understood why they would go to a place that big, (well except for the money from wwe's pov)

but if you had a ticket up in the nosebleeds you would see nothing at all, i think it would even be too far back to see the screens, then whats the point! :confused:

callaway92 wrote: »
    The lyrics of your sig arent right..They are way off

Great contribution.

I altered the lyrics for my sig. They aren't "way off". Only two or three words are changed.

Anyway, do any of you guys have any interesting photos of any WrestleManias?

I came across a site before, but can't seem to find it again. Some pictures were on it of WrestleMania X-Seven that i stole from it. I think they're great photos:

1703.jpg

1707.jpg

1711.jpg

I don't think I fully understand the point in buying a ticket to sit, what.. 50 rows back, on a flat floor? I'd rather just pay for the PPV on TV, and relax at home with a better view than most in the arena :p

I think X-Seven also was the first time that wreslters began getting their own entrance graphics on the stage where they walked out (not their entrance videos, but the graphics that play on the lower part of the stage).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I liked Wrestlemania 8 at the Hoosier Dome in Indiana. It looked great on telly. I like the long entrances into the ring, always preferred them.

yeah the long run up to the ring meant papa shango couldn't save sid in time and he had to kick out of the legdrop of doom :p

Advertisement