Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga week 23 extraveganza!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Was it Henry or Eto'o who tried this, but put it out for a throw:

Ricardo was immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

And the wife wonders why we didnt go out tonight, told her there be at least 3 goals in a cracking game.

she sat in the kitchen moping and watching ant and dec, well she missed a cracker of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Betis had their fair share of chances too tbf, deserved at very least a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Was it Henry or Eto'o who tried this, but put it out for a throw:

Henry. Worth a try :P

I think tonights game also showed how important Puyol is to the Barca team. he leads from defence without fuss. It was only very late on tonight when Caceres and Pique got comfortable, and even then they still worried me.

Come on Malaga now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

VALENCIA: César; Maduro, Albiol, Marchena, Moretti; Albelda, Baraja; Joaquín, Silva, Vicente; Villa

MÁLAGA: Goitia; Jesús Gámez, Welligton, Cuadrado, Calleja; Lolo, Apoño; Eliseu, Duda; Baha,Luque

No Renan for Valencia. Anyone know if he is injured ?

Yeah didn't he get injured a few weeks back? Hence brining in Cesar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I always wondered what happened to Luque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Fantastic goal from Villa, he really is a superb player.

Valencia 1-0.

1-0. Villa.Very nice

• Advertisement

1-1 now..

Agree with the above as Villa's goal was class. Unlucky with the OG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »

Al I know is that it sure as hell was never a peno and if you look back a couple of pages on this thread you will see I said it last night after it was awarded. Reading a lot about it here in Spain today and the press seem to be unanimous that it was very controversial. That said Pep had his tactics wrong last night to put Henry and Messi on the bench in my opinion. Anyonne who watched last weeks Seville derby could have told you this team were looking dangerous. They didnt offer a huge amount up front without would be fair to say. Marquez on the bench was correct as he had a big travel back from the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

ziggy wrote: »

Yeah, it's the only aspect of his game that I don't like. That said, 2-0 down just before half time and you make a run into the box, knock the ball past the defender, he sticks out a leg but doesn't make any/minimal contact. Do you a)go to ground with a decent chance of a penalty being given or b)stay on your feet even though you've overrun the ball?

I'm not saying it's right but you can be sure that if it was up the other end the Betis forwards would have done the exact same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Real close the gap to 10 points after an easy 0-4 win at Gijon. Espanyol V Sevilla on now. Kind of boring really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Look at Juande Ramos' amazing stats since he took over.

Apart from his first game, away to Barcelona, in which he had about 3 days to prepare for, and almost took a point, he has won every game - 8 in a row, scoring 16 and conceding only 1!

Phenonomenal, title winning form. If only Barca weren't so good...

Still, the Champions League is a possibility.

Sat. 13 Final Barcelona 2 - 0 Real Madrid 78,000 Spanish Primera División
    Sat. 20 Final Real Madrid 1 - 0 Valencia 75,000 Spanish Primera División
    Sun. 4 Final Real Madrid 1 - 0 Villarreal 80,000 Spanish Primera División
    Sun. 11 Final Mallorca 0 - 3 Real Madrid 18,000 Spanish Primera División
    Sun. 18 Final Real Madrid 3 - 1 Osasuna 75,000 Spanish Primera División
    Sun. 25 Final Real Madrid 1 - 0 Deportivo La Coruña 60,000 Spanish Primera División
    Sat. 31 Final Numancia 0 - 2 Real Madrid 9,500 Spanish Primera División
    Sat. 7 Final Real Madrid 1 - 0 Racing Santander 75,000 Spanish Primera División
    Sun. 15 Final Sporting Gijon 0 - 4 Real Madrid El Molinon Spanish Primera División

kinaldo wrote: »
    Apart from his first game, away to Barcelona, in which he had about 3 days to prepare for, and almost took a point, he has won every game - 8 in a row, scoring 16 and conceding only 1!
    n

Thats a sacking offence in madrid :P

Look at Juande Ramos' amazing stats since he took over.

Phenonomenal, title winning form. If only Barca weren't so good...

But they are playing some woeful football and the thing is that Barca are playing good football so they dont have a chance of taking the league.

redout wrote: »
    But they are playing some woeful football and the thing is that Barca are playing good football so they dont have a chance of taking the league.
    Woeful is a bit of an exaggeration. If Liverpool or some other Premiership team won the title playing the same football, I very much doubt that word would be used. Italy too. It would be heralded as ''winning'' football.

Woeful is a bit of an exaggeration. If Liverpool or some other Premiership team won the title playing the same football, I very much doubt that word would be used.

No they are playing some terrible stuff and dont look like Real Madrid more like Real Madrid Castilla if you know what that means. Pool dont have a lot to be worried about here.

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    No they are playing some terrible stuff and dont look like Real Madrid more like Real Madrid Castilla if you know what that means. Pool dont have a lot to be worried about here.
    Vamos a ver. I fully expect Madrid to go KO Liverpool.

Vamos a ver. I fully expect Madrid to go KO Liverpool.

I dont.

Going with Kinaldo, fulyl expect ramos madrid to beat liverpool. Liverpool dont have a plan b. If gerrard or Torres dont score or do something they dont score. Ramos will stop them.

If Pool can beat Chelsea then they can most certainly beat a side who aint playing a whole lot better than the blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Atléti 1 up at half time, Forlan with a good finish, decent game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Just wondering why Messi isn't starting? This is his third game out of four he has come off the bench, some sort of injury maybe

Nah don't think there's an injury, Pep is just testing out his squad I think.

Advertisement