Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I want..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

gscully wrote: »
    Waynecarr wrote: »

Nothing is worse than the toilets in Harveys. I rejoiced (slight over-exaggeration there) when the smoking ban came in and I could wear the same jeans the following day. Now, if I use the toilets in Harveys, I have to throw the jeans in the wash due to the three-inch piss-line on the end of my legs. They're a flipping disgrace!

I really agree...what the hell is the problem in there? Even early in the night the floors are soaked and the sinks are saturated! why have they not sorted that yet?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sully wrote: »
    Assuming they are public lighting they are usually marked by a number so you can call ESB and report a fault with the lights. 1850 372772 :)

Tho if they are out a while and its all of them, a visit to your local councillor might help as I would assume somebody has already reported them. Remember the whole issue with the lights on the ORR?

Thanks Sully, wasn't sure if it was ESB or not. It's not all of them but most of them and it has been a couple of weeks. I walk to work that way at around 7PM so some light would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

merlante wrote: »
    Geoffs doesn't need to spend money on anything. The place is grand the way it is. (They could fix the hand drier (for good) in the downstairs guy's toilet, but otherwise it's fine.) All things considered it's the best pub in Waterford (since Downses closed half the pub). Waterford has hardly any decent pubs left since the Rogue changed the name and became a ****hole, Egans closed down, the Stand closed down, etc. Of course the place is popular.
    quote]

You have go to be kidding if you believe the toilets in Geoffs do not need to be changed. No doubting its a good pub but the complete lack of respect for customers by having them use those toilets is disgraceful. Lack of comeptetion allows places to get away with appalaing standards such as those toilets. In fairness it's not like they cant afford it.

There's one cubicle downstairs, which is maybe a mess, I don't know, I don't use it. Go upstairs if you want luxury, where unless things have changed, the toilets are fine. TMI anyone? :)

Also, have you tried informing the staff about the condition of the toilets? I've found them pretty responsive when you have a problem. If a few people complained they'd probably do something about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd like some groovy/unusual clothes shops ...... sort of like in Camden markets London.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lads can we take the discussion about toilets off this thread please and stick with the OPs topic? :P

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

merlante wrote: »

There's one cubicle downstairs, which is maybe a mess, I don't know, I don't use it. Go upstairs if you want luxury, where unless things have changed, the toilets are fine. TMI anyone? :)

Also, have you tried informing the staff about the condition of the toilets? I've found them pretty responsive when you have a problem. If a few people complained they'd probably do something about it.

Has been mentioned to them by more than me. They\He wont spend money to improve them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ziedth wrote: »
    - Sully and Cabaal to handle the waterford crystal dispute by threating site Bans

Sounds like a plan :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭speedy2007

add to whats already been mentioned:

-that little french bakery to open up again, the one that used to be on John Street. I miss their danishes.

-for ginos to do deliveries

-a few more decent clothes shops like H&M, Zara,make top shop bigger..tho if a new shopping centre opens on newgate st, that might resolve that

-for iarnrod eireann to get their act together and finally get rid of those old trains for waterford. I travel from Dublin to waterford a lot, and only occasionally have i ended up on the new ones. Really annoying as i only ever see the old trains at the Waterford line too...all the other places have had the new trains for ages now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Leahey's to make a comeback just for their vanilla slices. Those were the days after Sunday mass and head in and get a load of vanilla slices and those big ass doughnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

kensutz wrote: »
    Leahey's to make a comeback just for their vanilla slices. Those were the days after Sunday mass and head in and get a load of vanilla slices and those big ass doughnuts.
    yea those doughnuts were the real deal.
    Do you remember the horror of very wasp in Ireland flying around when you'd go in to pick up the bag of 'nuts ;) scary *sighs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

kensutz wrote: »

Aw yeah! The "sugary doughnuts" as we used to call them. Or their eclairs. Or even just their little iced buns. There will never be a place like it again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sodium

what about Egans to reopen.........

The Slieve Rue opened as a top class hotel.......

No tolls on new bridge.......

Better mobile coverage on the Dunmore rd......

More WIFI hotspots in town........

Better use City sq.........

Somewhere you can buy vinyl records.......

River racing.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

I would like to be able to drive from reginalds tower to the bridge in the left hand lane without any obstructions in the way, ie. gimps abandoning there cars to run into shops, mostly around centra. Would love to be a traffic warden for the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

The Slieve Rue as a top class hotel? Dont understand this one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Seeming as wishlists need not be realistic.....

I'd like to see some coordinated action to make use of the fact our city centre is relatively small. What I mean by this is development of all of the areas below to provide many varied amenities:

1)the north quays

2)the south quays

3) the area where waterford stanley used to be (call it the west quays to keep the theme running)

4)that whole area that was(or is?) going to be the newgate development

5) john roberts square to be given a makeover

if a load of varied shops (some popular chains, some one offs), entertainment amenities (along the lines of brunos in Cork for example), restaurants, cafes, bars and pubs(bars serve cocktail, pubs serve pints), good quality, relatively cheap accomodation (for visitors) the city could have a stab at boosting tourism, getting money in, and not being seen as a backwater as was rightly mentioned above. and there might be something to do in the town after 5 o clock.

considering each and every development i mentioned has individually had to battle the huge amount of naysayers in this town, im not hopeful. (aside: could someone tell all those naysayers big is not necessarily bad, and old is more likely to mean crap than historic)

away from the city centre issue, id like WIT to get the university status it deserves as mentioned earlier.

also, increase the amount of big live music acts coming into waterford, also already mentioned.

ps this was supposed to be a one or two line post :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

Waterford Crystal to sort their problems --- move to a new huge show room on the north quays - windows facing the clock tower -
    with a pedestrain bridge over to it

WIT to be upgraded to university status - with a new phase of it to be built on the north quays -

link these 2 new developments with a luas type statem - from north quays - up bridge st - yellow road - paddy browns road - wit - cork road - south quays and back - this will reinvigorate the city centre for food/shopping/nightlife

New gate st centre to be built asap

waterford stanley 32 storey tower to be built - would look like an icon for waterford

the quay side to become grassed - park land like Chicago - lots of art/sculpuure - waterfountain - kiosk cafes

"farmers" market for john roberts sq every fri & sat 9-2pm -
    get the centre alive again - 40+ stall with quality food - breads - crafts -
    maybe arts market on a sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

a nice big multi story car park behind mcDonalds

knock down all the stupid shops in town, like has anyone actully even noticed united colours of beniton

somthing to do in town after 5 o clock

somthing to do in town on the weekends besides get hammered and go out to some dive of a club, the cinema is grand once and a while but not all the time

tax incentives for one off shops, so we can actully get a positive ratio of empty to used shops

to stop making the town look like a doughnut with nothing in the middle

get rid of mcDonalds out of the square, although that will never ever happen, it would be a nice entrance to a car park : P

oh yeah and id say everybody already knows about the letter that was sent to the city manager, i think, about the state of the square and how dangerous it is when its wet, just incase anyone didnt. I have the leter, its pretty funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I'm sure I have an exhaustive list at the back of my mind, but for now:

As I've said before, an informal steakhouse like Bennigans, Chilis or TGIs. This city badly needs one. You go from the extravagant places like Chez Ks to low-rank places like Eddie Rocketts, but nothing in between.

Also, the supporting piles under the north wharf could do with a paint job. Anytime I drive by Reginald's Tower, I look over and see just how dark they are. A good bright colour would bring life to that area.

Advertisement