Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy way to have pic gallery open to site visitors to upload to?

Options
  • 13-02-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I want to include some sort of gallery or slide show on my website that users can upload their pics of my gigs up to. Preferably using some sort of third party application. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jabroni Pkp

depends what type of site you have... many user community sites are run on open source forum software and these generally have portal applications which have modifications developed by people to include galleries.... its best to have something which is fully integrated with whatever user portal system you are using (if any). If you aren't as yet i would suggest the likes of smf/tinyportal or joomla. Both of these are available on Fantastico deluxe if you have this with your web hosting provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I use coppermine on a couple of sites and not to difficult to customise and Free (opensource.) People can upload their pictures and place commets and all that Jazz

http://coppermine-gallery.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

It's for my music site www.hamletsweeney.com I was hoping to avoid needing any further work done my my site desgner and find something like www.slide.com but with the facility for others to upload to the gallery too.

Advertisement