Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love for Animal Lovers !

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Me and my boyf and both total animal addicts which is really cool because i will spend ages picking snails off the path or feeding bees etc....our valentines trip was all animal related too! But if you're both happy and passionate about something it's great to share it, we've both applied to be volunteers for animal stuff as well which is cool. I actually think volunteering at animal shelters etc could be a great plan for single animal lovers out there!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Just to ask has anyone else gone to the donkey sanctuary in co. cork??

Sooooo good!!! Have adopted a donkey there for 3 years so was delighted to finally meet him and the other lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well I've one elderly lady horse and two middle aged lurchers. I dont think they've put anyone off though. That could be because noones got to the stage yet of seeing me walking them at all hour in my wellies and pyjamas. Sexy look that one.

Funny thread :D A lot of peeps think I'm mad to have dogs in the house and it would be offputting for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

lightening wrote: »
    I know, saw you on TV, heard your accent, see some of your comments on here "load of shlte if you ask me" Classic stuff...

Yeah, you laugh! I was wondering for half an hour why every comment I made bowled the cameraman over with laughter. I finally turned and said: "Did I say something FUNNY??" and he said: "It's not what you say, it's HOW you say it - it's a pity Father Ted isn't in production anymore, they'd love you there." I decided to take it as a compliment :D. Needless to say, my cursing got cut from the show.

Cool, Seanybiker and Woofie87, let's open a commune for animal lovers :eek: - give the locals something to talk about :D.

I admit I spend too much time with old farmers and their woes but at least I do not sound as if I am from Cork *runs for da hills"...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sage'sMama

Discodog wrote: »
    Sounds like Helena adopted her fella, trained him with encouragement, lots of treats & then adopted a dog !

LOL! :D Yeah i think i did the same to my partner. He wasn't mad about cats now our cat sleeps between us! :D

"Life's Ambition: Mad Cat Lady..... The Simpsons"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

There is hope when I met my husband he hated with a passion cats - couldn't stand them thought they should all be drowned at birth, and then he meets me who adores cats, we dated for a few years when we bought our own house back in 2001 I couldn't bring my elderly cat with me cause she got very stressed ---- he wanted sky sports so the trade off was well if you want sky sports I get A cat - enter a mad cat lady who arrived with 2 little balls about 5 weeks old - and just said pick one but I'd pick the tortie as the tabby one isn't going to make it etc real sob story - sucker here batted the eyelashes and I had 2 cats (and have them over 7 years now the tabby one did survive)..........he was mad about them - 2 years later we fostered a cat from Cats Aid, a home had been found for her and OH was like no you can't rehome her she has settled her so enter cat No. 3 - then I did some trapping and we kept a cat from that No. 4 then last year I adopted a so call grey cat from Clare - who is as black as the ace of spades cat No. 5 - they are all indoor cats add to that mix 2 slightly demented terriers who think they are cats and a rottweiler who thinks its a terrier and that is our clan - the cats don't sleep with us at night they did till my asthma got out of control and had to compromise - the dogs sleep in our room and sometimes I wake up and am either hanging off the edge with 3 dogs decked out or I'm wedged between them. But I wouldn't be without them and if I ever wanted to trade in the husband I couldn't even consider someone who didn't like animals - but in fairness 5 house cats and 3 dogs is ALOT to take on

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Im a single woman with 6 german shepherds ,four shetland ponies a riding horse a goat and a cat.I am permantly in jeans ,jumpers and wellies.I dont think ive any chance of a man taking me on with all my lot but i havent as many as egar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You girls don't get it. Any guy is going to love the "natural" look - after all that's what he could be waking up to every day. I have just read your profile. You have rescued Foxes & so have I. Now 6 GS's constitutes a pack & with you as Alfa female so any new fella is going to need to be rather careful !. I might risk it but I want a riding horse too !. Obedience training - no chance !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

My mother always told me, always judge a man on how they treat their mother and their dog!:D

Aww :)

I couldn't go out with someone that didn't like animals. I did before and it didn't last, couldn't get my head around the fact that he just had no interest in animals at all. Always think it's a cold trait in someone. But everyone has their reasons, if someone has been attacked by a dog in the past or was never brought up with a pet then fair enough but to actually dislike them, big no no. Thankfully my boyfriend loves animals, he has no choice or he'd be gone ;)

OP Have you ever tried talking to women you see out in the park etc walking their dog? Train your dog to sniff any dog with a hot owner ;)

I walk my dogs twice a day on a deserted beach !. But it's quite a cool idea. Maybe Salthill Prom !

Have to be careful about the "sniffing out" - great way to get arrested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SmokeyJo84

as i'm forever single, i sometimes worry im gonna end up as a the local crazy cat lady..........

and sometimes i worry because I wouldnt really mind being the local crazy cat lady...

For ages I was known as "The Man with the Dogs". But I know what you mean & independance has it's attractions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

woofie87 wrote: »
    + 2 more and 2 more dogs :D?

cool. I forgot to mention me misses also has 2 cats and a human. Sure we may aswell move them in aswell.

So far tis me and me lack, Ruby (miniature king charles), Smoky ( err a cat), Maggie (another cat) and Jamie (a human.)

And we have yourself, your better half and two dogs.
    That be some house :)
    Ill ask me missus to bring along Shaka (big brown horse) and babs ( little grey pony) and we all start our own colony in the mountains. Only animal lovers allowed :).

My ruby has a dog book page and all ha ha. Facebook but for dogs lol obviously.

You girls don't get it. Any guy is going to love the "natural" look - after all that's what he could be waking up to every day. I have just read your profile. You have rescued Foxes & so have I. Now 6 GS's constitutes a pack & with you as Alfa female so any new fella is going to need to be rather careful !. I might risk it but I want a riding horse too !. Obedience training - no chance !
    You had better believe it i am Alpha female so tread carefully ........

Morganna wrote: »
    You had better believe it i am Alpha female so tread carefully ........

Ok - Lays on his back to expose "vunerable areas" & whimpers gently.

That's what I had to do when meeting some Wolves. It should work with your doggies but you might be a bit trickier. How about if I regurgitate some food for you ?

I would defo be a lot trickier please tell all about the wolves.

Ok - Lays on his back to expose "vunerable areas" & whimpers gently.

That's what I had to do when meeting some Wolves. It should work with your doggies but you might be a bit trickier. How about if I regurgitate some food for you ?
    where did u meet wolves tell me more i am crazy about wolves .How many did u meet it must have been a wonderful experience .

A friend of mine knows Shaun Ellis. Channel 5 Tues 8pm don't miss it if you like wolves.
    PM me if you can't get Channel 5. Did you see the first Wolfman ?

There is nothing that cools my ardour quicker than the words "I hate cats" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I can understand why people might not be fond of cats because they can be a bit sneaky (its why I love em!) or dogs because they are stupidly loyal (its why I love em!) but to hate both means you are just being plain old difficult and theres no pleasing you, that doesn't send the message that that person will be a good life partner now, does it??!!
    :DBe wary of animal haters, they have no souls!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement