Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser purchases not showing up?

Options
  • 13-02-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

So I was just on my AIB internet banking putting money into my savings account and then i suddenly went wow....i have too much money...and i noticed that the 12 euro i spent at the cinema today wasn't there and the train ticket i got on wedsnday wasn't there =p

Should I be worried? And both purchases were just swipe deals no chip and pin, does that make a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

your balance should reflect the actual amount of money in your account, while it sometimes takes a few days for transactions to show up on your statement, i'd say keep an eye on it for the next few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

When you make a POS (Point of sale - ie buying something with a debit/credit card as opposed to ATM withdrawal) transaction, it doesn't necessarily appear on your account immediately. Typically, the business/shop etc run off the transactions in a batch when they close for the day. This then get's fed to the originator's bank (AIB in your case), who in turn process all the transactions in a batch during the night and it appears on your account the next morning. So if you use your card on a certain day, sometimes it appears on your account the next day, other times it can be days (on the rare occasion even weeks!) later.

Advertisement