Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SFIV count down thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Yes but I'm holding out for the PC version.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    You get people constantly looking for the same poor players in order to boost their ranking.
    I haven't seen much of what you're talking about here but the poor players don't have to accept the fight if they are constantly loosing to the same higher rank players. Not even sure how you can do that on the ps3 unless they are on their friends list.
    Others just look for someone with no icon or picture (presuming they are new to the game).
    There are also decent players who doesn't bother with icons and pictures. I find a lot of bad players with icons and pictures too.
    Also, because you can see which character your poonent is about to choose (and vice versa), it takes ages for some people to pick, and some (most) resuse to pick first so they can choose a character that words well against the opponents character.
    That really is annoying. I tend to just pick my best character after 5 seconds if they don't do anything. Sure enough, most of the time they just pick Ken/Akuma/Sagat and sometimes Ryu anyway. If I loose then it's a learning lesson for making me better :D

The only thing that annoys me is the network status bar doesn't seem to reflect how good the connection is. Most players have 1 red segments but they vary a lot in connection quality. Some plays fine and some are so bad that you get lag during play. This leads to players challenging you no matter what the network status says.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Hell yes, getting it for the PS3
    Oh..dunno if anyone had the same....but i went to my mates the weekend

Recovered my gamertag on his machine for a game of Street Fighter...all my Battle Points were gone :o

Not recovered it on my own machine again...so I dunno if my original ones are there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Id say your battle points are saved to your hard drive. it saves after every win iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I though this was both ur online and offline record combined? Maybe not.

nah its just online

look at the time played, it only records online matches

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking of buying this,is it worth it for the single player alone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Probably not, you really get the most out of it playing others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Defiantely not...the only reason I play single player is to unlock all the characters. The final boss is a steaming pile of cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The game is all about playing against other human beings, its not a single player game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone have any problems with getting CE's online btw?

My CE came in tatters, cardboard box is completly crushed. I took pics and plan to send an email asking for a replacment, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I havnt seen too many kens online. I have mostly fought against sagat or Akuma. I have been playing as Sakura, the Sagat fights tend to be tougher. Akuma fights are a bit of a joke really. people just dont see how easy his super and ultras are to avoid and just let me kick the sh1t out of them sometimes until they have an ultra. they try use, I jump it and continue to kick the crap out of them. obviously these arent good players im up against most of the time but im getting easy wins off them :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Helix wrote: »
    nah its just online

look at the time played, it only records online matches

Nah, time played includes offline play, but the number of matches and w/l totals are for online only. Tis a little bit confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Im having some joy with Dhalsim. He really puts people off and takes them out of their own game or rhythm..... so you can beat people with more knowledge and combo's by being annoying.

His anti-air game is tricky to use though. In HD remix doing an air medium kick would work for nearly all situations, but in this one its trickier and really depends on distance. Teleporting away from grapplers is also very helpful.

Enjoying it so far:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I enjoy fighting games, but I'm not up to much when it comes to skill.

In Street Fighter IV my only (half) effective tactic is to use Ryu to jump arond like a frog, Suhoryu-ken and when all else fails, do my favourite move of all, a Hadoken from point blank range.

Just like 1993.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finally got a half hour of this in. First thing to say, to all the people that say the 360 pad is fine for this game, you are all sick and wrong. It's an absolute abhorrent mess. Supers and ultras are nigh on impossible to use, left shoulder buttons are a pain to use and special moves are hit and miss. You have to keep switching between the analogue stick and d-pad because they are both better at doing different moves. The analogue stick is also hopeless at dragon punches, it's an impossibility. Then there are the times, about 50% of the time when the move doesn't come of and you punch or jump and get murdered. it's **** and tbh it's only slightly worse from what I remember of playing the SF2 collection on the PS1 except a special move just wouldn't register instead of a jump forward registering.

Anyway I really do like it, it's got a very SSF2T feel to it. But I really need a decent controller. It's infuriating with the 360 pad especially after playing SF2 on the saturn during the week in preparation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

tman wrote: »
    Nah, time played includes offline play, but the number of matches and w/l totals are for online only. Tis a little bit confusing

time doesnt include offline play, coz it only has me down for a little over an hour

ive played through the game with every character multiple times (apart from el fuerte, i cant seem to finish it with him:mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Helix wrote: »
    (apart from el fuerte, i cant seem to finish it with him:mad:)
    That would be due to his sh1tness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Defiantely not...the only reason I play single player is to unlock all the characters. The final boss is a steaming pile of cheese.

He is nothing... NOTHING to Bison in SFII

Seth is a piece of piss in comparison. Especially if you are using a non-charge character

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finally got a half hour of this in. First thing to say, to all the people that say the 360 pad is fine for this game, you are all sick and wrong. It's an absolute abhorrent mess. Supers and ultras are nigh on impossible to use, left shoulder buttons are a pain to use and special moves are hit and miss. You have to keep switching between the analogue stick and d-pad because they are both better at doing different moves. The analogue stick is also hopeless at dragon punches, it's an impossibility. Then there are the times, about 50% of the time when the move doesn't come of and you punch or jump and get murdered. it's **** and tbh it's only slightly worse from what I remember of playing the SF2 collection on the PS1 except a special move just wouldn't register instead of a jump forward registering.

Anyway I really do like it, it's got a very SSF2T feel to it. But I really need a decent controller. It's infuriating with the 360 pad especially after playing SF2 on the saturn during the week in preparation.

You should have gotten in on the PS3 then

And stop blaming the PS controller for your fat thumbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Jim wrote: »
    The game is all about playing against other human beings, its not a single player game imo.

i play it in single player, i love it. Dip in and out of online too, i think its good for either online or offline play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Waiting for the pc version:(

• Advertisement

Waiting for the pc version:(

ouch dude
    sucks to be you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You should have gotten in on the PS3 then

And stop blaming the PS controller for your fat thumbs

It looks worse in the PS3 and I hate the PS controller just as much. I can remember wasting money on the SF2 collections on the PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Never had a problem with the DS controller either. I did find SF2THD or whatever its called very difficult though. Not sure if it iwas the controller or that I am just gone crap.

The snes controller back in the day is almost identical tho ain't it? In a SF2 effect anyway.

Sega to make Street Fighter controllers FTW

noodler wrote: »
    The snes controller back in the day is almost identical tho ain't it? In a SF2 effect anyway.

Definitely not. Sony tried to copy the design but screwed it up by making the d-pad woeful. Not really their fault since sega and nintendo and a few others have the patents to all the decent d-pads.
    Sega to make Street Fighter controllers FTW

Oh god yes. Was playing SF2 collection on the saturn as a warm up before this arrived. The saturn d-pad is just sublime. Special moves are effortless and it never mistakes a directional press. 6 face buttons as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Does the PS D-Pad just feel loose or tight to you by comparison?

It's the lack of diagonals and unresponsiveness really from being far too tight. The shape doesn't lend itself well to the flowing and charge motions of capcoms games. Saying that it's actually a decent controller for tekken, soul calibur and mortal kombat. I prefer my capcom games though which is were my hatred stems from.

The saturn d-pad is loose enough to allow flowing motions but tight enough to be really responsive for charge attacks and to be accurate.

The PS controller is better than the 360 but it doesn't matter to me. If I can't pull off moves 100% or moves don't come of through no fault of my own it absolutely infuriates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Guys, there seem to be an influx of PS3 Saturn pads on eBay again.

Go grab 'em while they're hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Guys, there seem to be an influx of PS3 Saturn pads on eBay again.

Go grab 'em while they're hot!

Are they any good? Might get one for mame. Also will SF2 hd remix be ported to the pc aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

tman wrote: »

Yeah I was looking at my stats or rather my character stats, win ratio to characters I'm meant to be using. & it shows Rufus at 100% win ratio. 15/15 matchs.

I have never once selected Rufus, offline or online. I haven't faced a rufus online yet either.

So with that in mind, I dunno what to think of any of the stats.

0ubliette wrote: »
    i play it in single player, i love it. Dip in and out of online too, i think its good for either online or offline play.

The actually game, is multiplayer. Its a multiplayer game. The whole point is to play against people. Because thats where the 'game' actually is.

Despite playing street fighters on and off over the years since childhood. I never really played street fighter. till I played Street fighter 3 online over a year ago. While I enjoyed the game. I never realised how ****ing amazing it was till then.

You cannot play mind games against a computer. Its about two minds locked into battle trying to out predict, out think, out react and trick the other player. As well as timing moves etc.

Advertisement